HELP! My dream bag is the 05 work. Is the 07/08 going to suffice? Thanks!!

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
I am new to the bbags and I LOOOVE the leather on the 05 work, but understand that it maybe impossible to find. If I buy a new Work, is the leather as nice and soft? I like the dark solid black look too. Thanks a ton for the help!!

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
.....depends...usually the leather is good...but varies from bag to bag. you can either go into a store or ask the SA when you make the purchase thru phone.
i have heard so many good things about LE magneta, juane, 08 turq...etc...
good luck!!

chakakhan

obsessed.
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
Washington, DC
I'm in the same boat---I love the old works, but didn't discover BBags until last year. I've been happy with the leather on this year's EB, so I say go for it! Better to have a bag you love than to covet one that's impossible to find!

south-of-france

Work hard, play hard
O.G.
May 4, 2006
Central Europe
I prefer broken-in works so even though I think the leather was mostly very good especially in fw '07 and spring '08, I'd wait for a broken-in one.

Jan 27, 2008
The 206!
^^^an 05 Black Work? Pretty hard. And whats even harder is that almost everyone on here would love to have one. It might be easier to get an 07 or 08. That way, you can break her in yourself! I'm interested in a black work as well! GL!

mshel

I Love Summer
Jan 4, 2007
www.newstvcrews.com
I would get a new one now and use it. It will break in and may eventually be perfect for you. In the meantime, you can keep your eyes open and if an '05 pops up and you beat the other 60,000 members here who want one also, you can always sell the 08 work!:P

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
Oh boy, do I hear you!! Its like a TPF stampede if one comes up on a site...lol Thanks for your help!

^^^an 05 Black Work? Pretty hard. And whats even harder is that almost everyone on here would love to have one. It might be easier to get an 07 or 08. That way, you can break her in yourself! I'm interested in a black work as well! GL!

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
Literally laughing out loud at the "60,000 members":boxing:, soooo true!!! I think I you are so right. I will juts break in a new one and *wait* lol. Thanks alot for your input!:love:

I would get a new one now and use it. It will break in and may eventually be perfect for you. In the meantime, you can keep your eyes open and if an '05 pops up and you beat the other 60,000 members here who want one also, you can always sell the 08 work!:P

nicole2730

O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
I am new to the bbags and I LOOOVE the leather on the 05 work, but understand that it maybe impossible to find. If I buy a new Work, is the leather as nice and soft? I like the dark solid black look too. Thanks a ton for the help!!
what color are you looking for? there are some awesome colors/leathers from all seasons IMO. for example, rouge vif from 06 almost always has consistently thick saturated leather, anthracite from s/s 07 is an incredible diverse color, vert fonce and mogano from f/w 07 also both have amazing thick rich leather. there was some problems with the black bags in 07, but the ones from 06 are fantastic!!

i think it will help you in your search if you decide on a color and go from there. don't let the year or season determine your choice :yes:

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
Hey Nicole, thanks so much fro all of your ideas. I should have stated in my opening question that I am set on a black. I hear the the black was best in 05? I had an SA do a search for me and explained my dilemma (soft, smooth looking, etc.) and she said she would find a bag for me like that. What ere the problems with the 07? Are 06's still in stores? Thanks again. You are awesome!:love:

what color are you looking for? there are some awesome colors/leathers from all seasons IMO. for example, rouge vif from 06 almost always has consistently thick saturated leather, anthracite from s/s 07 is an incredible diverse color, vert fonce and mogano from f/w 07 also both have amazing thick rich leather. there was some problems with the black bags in 07, but the ones from 06 are fantastic!!

i think it will help you in your search if you decide on a color and go from there. don't let the year or season determine your choice :yes:

nicole2730

O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
Hey Nicole, thanks so much fro all of your ideas. I should have stated in my opening question that I am set on a black. I hear the the black was best in 05? I had an SA do a search for me and explained my dilemma (soft, smooth looking, etc.) and she said she would find a bag for me like that. What ere the problems with the 07? Are 06's still in stores? Thanks again. You are awesome!:love:
let me say also that IMO it all comes down to a bag by bag situation - some are thin, some are thick, some are really saturated and some can fade. no matter what the year or season! no quality control :nogood:

anyway, if you can go to a store or have a trustworthy SA, it really helps to hold the bag yourself - no picture can really tell you the true story.

i have works from 05, 06 and 07 and the leather on all of them is amazing IMO :love: