Help!My Dream Bag Has Arrived!

BlueParrot

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
MY SA called to offer me the very bag I have wanted for 6 long years. It is a Birkin 35 in Togo chocolat. It was ordered by another customer who turned it down. And I said yes! And I am picking it up tomorrow. I am so excited---I was in Paris last month and hung out at FSH for four days and they had only 1 Birkin the whole week! And I have shopped all over the world for this bag. My only question is this: I have a 35 cm Lindy in cafe' clemence; is the color of the Birkin too close and should I go for another color? Should I go for ebene, a really dark brown, in clemence? I tend to think of the Lindy as a really casual bag and the Birkin as more all-purpose for the day. Togo is exactly what I wanted and is different from clemence, a little less slouchy. (I do have other Hermes bags: Bolide in gold, Kelly in black VL, Kelly 35 in Rouge H box, Drag in vert fonce, Plume in yellow epsom, Constance, in beige box, Jig clutch in rouge vig, and another black clemence bag---so I am not lacking for variety in color.) But the Birkin is so expensive (gulp!) and I will not be able to buy another for a long time, so I want to make sure I get something that is really right. I would love any thoughts. Thanks, all!

omg congrats! 6 years is quite the wait for this and i'm glad you FINALLY got it! regardless if the colors are too close, you've been waiting for this for YEARS!

please be sure to share pics when you get it in your hands.

BP,

Go into the store and see if the bag speaks to you. You will know it when you see it. FYI I have an Ebene 35 CM Kelly in CDC and an Ebene Evelyne TGM in Clemence. I use both bags--the Kelly for more formal/dressy/ladylike moods--the Evelyne for casual. I hope this helps.

get it! don't think too much! 6 long years........ and in a leather u like too. the colour is nice and versatile.. nothing to fault the bag for:smile:

I personally prefer Chocolate Togo over Ebene Clemence. The Ebene is a very dark chocolate and is quite cool. Chocolate Togo is a great brown for warm clothing tones, and is just a bit warmer than Ebene. I just personally prefer Togo over Clemence for a 35cm Birkin. It will hold up better over time and soften up in just the right places.

6 years! Wow and I thought my 5 yr wait was extreme. Congrats finally! And since it was the original dream bag you wanted, go for it! don't overthink. Congrats again!

I haven't seen chocolate IRL but it sure does look pretty in pictures! I say go for the chocolate, I own an ebene chevre mangalore HAC and I would have picked chocolate over ebene if I were given the choice!!