Help! My damaged Zoe bag. :(

ITA with Bunny's advice. Also, if you have more than a few leather handbags, the Apple Conditioner doesn't hurt.

Good luck and I hope you get a good response from the store.

if you rub up against anything or set it on the floor it can cause this very quickly. Have you ever scraped your fingernail along leather? It will scrape. Leather is not invincible and cannot avoid this. It's unfortunately normal wear and tear based on by the care of the OP. It's not the bag or Coach's fault.

I agree. Corners will show normal wear and tear.

Normal wear.

Learned the hard way on my metallic Bonnie swingpack.
I paid my $20, sent it in for repair (I know, I know, should have known better w/ metallic). Rec'd letter back from Dale Brown that it's normal wear/tear. No discount. No credit. No nothing. Just my bag to keep using and loving!

Normal wear.

Learned the hard way on my metallic Bonnie swingpack.
I paid my $20, sent it in for repair (I know, I know, should have known better w/ metallic). Rec'd letter back from Dale Brown that it's normal wear/tear. No discount. No credit. No nothing. Just my bag to keep using and loving!

Thanks for the tip. I was worried actually that it would fall under normal wear. Maybe I won't take it to my store. It's not really easy to get to and it would be a waste of a day.

No, I know that leather is far from invincible, however what I'm saying is that there are TON'S on bags out there that have been carried just as much as this Xoe and they aren't showing this sign of wear!!! I never think it's OK for Coachies to trade bags in when it is natural wear & tear just to get credit or a coupon. I truly believe that this is ONE Zoe out there that we've heard about this on. I believe that if it was "natural" it would be happening all over the place!!! Zoe is such an everyday bag that I can't imagine we wouldn't have heard about this from others!!

I definitely second this.

I, for one, carry my large Zoe ALL the time and haven't experienced any wear resembling this extent. In fact, my Zoe looks almost exactly the same as the day I purchased it... and I don't baby my bag at all (because, in my opinion, a good everyday bag shouldn't require delicate, oh-so-gentle handling. Considerate handling, yes. Crazy OCD handling, no.)

I agree that the best thing to do would be to take it into the Coach store. OR Apple it. Apple does work miracles, it must be said! Burlington Coat Factory sells it, as does Leatherstuff.com

I definitely second this.

I, for one, carry my large Zoe ALL the time and haven't experienced any wear resembling this extent. In fact, my Zoe looks almost exactly the same as the day I purchased it... and I don't baby my bag at all (because, in my opinion, a good everyday bag shouldn't require delicate, oh-so-gentle handling. Considerate handling, yes. Crazy OCD handling, no.)

I agree that the best thing to do would be to take it into the Coach store. OR Apple it. Apple does work miracles, it must be said! Burlington Coat Factory sells it, as does Leatherstuff.com

Thanks for the reply! I was set against taking it to the store because I was afraid it would be a waste. But with all the mixed replies, maybe I should take it. Just to see what they say.

How long have you carried your Zoe bag? And it doesn't show any wear? I think I treat my bag similar to yours. I'm not super super careful with it. But I do give it considerate handling. I've never had a bag does this to me.

My plum Carly did this on the corners which are more "corners" than the Zoe. I should have conditioned it before but did not. After noticing this, I did Apple it and it was a llittle better, but still lighter than the rest of the bag. I only carried it for about 3 months before I got a large Chocolate Zoe for Christmas and carrried that bag non-stop through June and no signs of that wear and tear on the Zoe. But I did put the Apple conditioner on her right away so as not to take the chance of the same wear happening to my Zoe. So, maybe that is why Zoe is okay.

My story has a happy ending! I went to the West County Coach store in St. Louis this morning. I spoke to this really nice gentleman and he was extremely helpful. He said that the bag definitely was not repairable. But...he did offer me the full value of my bag! I could not believe it. I was so thrilled. He also said that if I wanted to keep the bag, I could just get the 40% discount.

I ended up taking the full value and I bought the large Maggie in Mahogany. It is gorgeous! I love it so much! I also picked up the Waverly zip around wallet in the multi color. Which is just too cute! I'm not much of a wallet person but that one was just too much to resist.

Anyway, I just wanted to post how well the problem ended up getting resolved! I'm extremely impressed with their customer service and their willingness to keep the customer happy.

Glad to hear everything worked out!

Now, we're ready to see photos and modeling pics!! hehe :biggrin:

My story has a happy ending! I went to the West County Coach store in St. Louis this morning. I spoke to this really nice gentleman and he was extremely helpful. He said that the bag definitely was not repairable. But...he did offer me the full value of my bag! I could not believe it. I was so thrilled. He also said that if I wanted to keep the bag, I could just get the 40% discount.

I ended up taking the full value and I bought the large Maggie in Mahogany. It is gorgeous! I love it so much! I also picked up the Waverly zip around wallet in the multi color. Which is just too cute! I'm not much of a wallet person but that one was just too much to resist.

Anyway, I just wanted to post how well the problem ended up getting resolved! I'm extremely impressed with their customer service and their willingness to keep the customer happy.

In my experience, the SA's are really nice about damage on the bags. I've brought back two bags for repair (one instance was clearly my fault since my dog had chewed off a zipper pull!), and both times instead of even trying to have it repaired, they just gave me a new bag! They really seem to care about customer service in the boutiques I frequent, though I've heard horror stories from others that make me think I'm just extremely lucky.

I think that when we pay the higher prices for our bags, we're not just paying for long lasting, beautiful materials, we're also paying for the warranty. Clearly some of the materials on the bags are more well made than others, but ALL the bags are covered in case they break or have some defect.

Oh dang, didn't read the last page before posting. I'm so glad you got your happy ending. I'm a little surprised that there are people here that seemed SO dead set against you even trying to bring your bag in. Like I said above, even when the damage was my fault, I brought my bag in hoping to just have them replace the zipper pull, and they gave me a whole new bag! Maybe it's sour grapes because Balenciaga won't repair or replace bags like Coach will? :nogood: That's what ya get for straying!

Last edited:
Take it to the store it just really depends on the store manager. If they do something about it, the trip is worth it! I can understand your concern if for the trip if they just tell you normal wear on the bag. If it were me, I would take it back.

Oh dang, didn't read the last page before posting. I'm so glad you got your happy ending. I'm a little surprised that there are people here that seemed SO dead set against you even trying to bring your bag in. Like I said above, even when the damage was my fault, I brought my bag in hoping to just have them replace the zipper pull, and they gave me a whole new bag! Maybe it's sour grapes because Balenciaga won't repair or replace bags like Coach will? :nogood: That's what ya get for straying!

I second guessed myself a lot mostly from the posts that said it was normal wear. What do I know? I'm a Coach newbie so clearly, it could be. And maybe some SA would consider it that but the one I got did not. I told some of my friends that Coach just completely gave me a new bag and they were all shocked. They definitely stand behind their warranty!