Help! My damaged Zoe bag. :(

BellestChele

Nov 24, 2009
Hello there! I'm a newbie here at the forum. In January of last year, I bought the large Zoe bag in brown leather at the FP store. This summer, I started noticing wear on the corner of the bag. It's on the corner of that side that is against me when I carry it. It's in the piping that goes around the bag. It's almost like the leather has "worn off" the corner piping. Which I don't know if that's possible. I also noticed when I went to take pictures today, that it's starting to do this on the other side of the bag. It's really faint right now but I know that it's just going to get worse.

I bought another Coach bag at an outlet in August so I haven't been carrying this bag. But it really bothers me to have that damage on the corner. I know that it sounds really silly but in my mind, a $500 purse shouldn't do that.

After reading the boards on here, I called Customer Service to get their opinion. Of course, this is all without seeing the bag but the girl that I spoke with said that it sounds like something that's not regular wear and tear. So she suggested to take it to a local store or send it to the repairs center. I'm thinking about taking it to a local store so that I don't have to pay to send it, and that way I know it will get there.

I mostly just wanting ya'lls insight on the damage. Does this look like something that's normal wear and tear? I know that a lot of ya'll have the Zoe bag, has this happened to you? Did you get it fixed?

Here are some photos that I took. They aren't the greatest quality so I'm hoping that it will show what the damage is.

Here is a picture of the un-damaged corner:

Here is the damaged corner:

Last edited:
wear on corners is normal wear and tear. Any bag of any brand and any price will do this if you don't pay attention to where you set it down, what you rub up against, etc. A bag wont just do that on it's own.

Hmm. Okay. Maybe I won't waste my time taking it to the store then, since it's not extremely close.

I guess it just bothers me because this is my first Coach purse and easily the most I've ever spent on a bag. I guess I just didn't expect it to be so fragile. I've had tons of other leather bags by different bags but this has never happened.

Maybe Apple Conditioner can help. I find that when the leather is chafed, it just needs a little conditioning to revitalize it. I Apple condition my shoes and they come back to life.

Also, Apple is the most popular product on tPF. Many of us use it and I was convinced enough to order some.

It's worth considering because it contains no silicone that would clog the pores of the leather and cause the leather to eventually dry and crack. The Apple conditioned leather breathes while being moisturized to remain soft and supple. It's great preventative medicine for leather handbags and accessories.

Last edited:
^Oh oh oh!^ :wtf: Not the Cleaner! :nogood:

Order the Conditioner. The Apple brand also sells the Leather Cleaner and is way too harsh for the delicate Zoe leather.

I think the Apple Leather Cleaner is probably used for cleaning military leather boots used for fighting in Afghanistan or something. ;) That's not the kind of stuff you want poured on your Zoe. :Push:

I'd stick with the Apple Leather Conditioner exclusively. Good luck. I hope it works! :tup:

Last edited:
I would honestly take it to either your local store or outlet if you have one and ask them to send it in. Just tell them that if they can't repair it you'd like it back (if that's the case) or if they can't repair and you don't want it returned they will give you whatever they deem the value back at as. As them to wave the 20$ fee to send it in if you talk to a manager.

I agree with Bunny!!! I can see where you would have to look for this on vintage bags, but not one this new! Yes leather will wear, but should it be wearing thru so soon? Does Coach not have the reputation for nice, thick leathers that will last and last??? I've seen bags older then this (and owned them) that did not have spots where the leather is actually wearing thru to show what's underneath!!

I know some people get worried that others will take advantage of Coach's return/repair policy, but IMHO this should not be happening so soon and should NOT be this noticable!!

Personally I'd send the bag into Coach!!!

I thought about taking it to a local store. It's not really easy to get to so I was hoping that opinions from here. I wonder if they will just consider it normal wear and tear though?
Instead of second guessing someone's answer, I'd take it and give them the chance to decide. The least they'd do is say no, which you have already assumed a few times already.

Thanks for all your help! I think I'll take the bag by the store and see what they say. Like you said, the least they can do is say no.

I understand that wear and tear happens on a bag but I was just surprised that it happened so fast.