Last night i went to a party in a very poorly-ventilated basement to hear some bands play. When i say poorly-ventilated, i am not joking. When i got home and blew my nose, my snot was black (sorry for TMI, but it was ridiculous ) So i figured i could just wash my scarf in the sink, and throw my black skinny pants and my shirt in the wash machine. However i have no clue what to do about my red wool peacoat and a vintage sweater i have which specifically says "Dry Clean Only, No Detergent." I am a poor college student and cannot afford dry cleaning. Also, it's unusually cold here in NOLA, and i would like to have use of my coat during the rest of Mardi Gras. Any cheap quick fixes? eHow says you can throw things in the dryer with some dryer sheets, but I'm a little hesitant.. I don't smoke, and smelling like an ashtray is pretty much unbearable. Thanks in advance for the help!!