Help! My Booties are too big!

sammix3

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Bay Area
Hi everyone,

I just bought these Miu Miu booties and already ordered half a size down, and I thought they would be fine with tights/low cut socks in the winter, but they're still a lil too big and since it's already been worn today I can't exchange or return them. I bought Dr. Scholls gel insoles already but my heel still slips, and the zipper is on the back so I don't want to use a heel grip. What should I do???

http://www.barneys.com/Platform-Bootie/500634379,default,pd.html

Oct 21, 2008
Try stuffing the toe with tissue.
If they're only half a size too big and you add the insoles too this trick should work.

Good luck - they're super cute!!!

heartfelt

O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
los angeles, ca
i agree, use a full length insole, and if it's still too big, put in the dr scholls pads that help alleviate the balls of your feet. that's what i do when my boots are too big.

sammix3

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Bay Area
I put the Dr. Scholls full gel insoles plus the ones for the ball of the feet but there's still a bit of slippage in the heel. I'll try the foot petal ones when I go to Nordstrom this weekend. I'll let you guys know how it works

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
I think one of the members on here said she rolled up socks into a tight roll and stuffed the toe with that. Good luck.. those booties are sooo pretty!

sammix3

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Bay Area
I took the booties to a cobbler and he put some ball of feet insoles and he put this other padding on the top and it helped a lot! It still slips a little on the heel but I think it's because I'm wearing tights and there'll always be that tiny bit of slippage. The only problem now is that the toe box feels a little tight, but I'm sure it will get stretched with wear