Help! My baby's defective!

^why wait for 8-10 weeks?

The SA should give you a brand new bag. You should be able to exchange it np. Unless of course, you WANT to keep the same defective bag...

Of course i'd be more than happy if they'll exchange it for me but the thing is, it's 3 months old, bought in NM in NY, receipt's under my aunts name, and she's in NY too .:sad::sad:
but nonetheless, i'll drop by at my boutique and give it a shot. thanks everyone, i feel a lot better!

Since she got it at NM you should be able to take it to the NM near you and they should be able to exchange it or repair it for you since you have the receipt.

(P.S. I didn't read every reply so if someone already posted the same answer, please forgive me!).

They should be able to fix it for you. I kind of doubt they'd give you a new bag at this point since it's been a few months.

And this is just my opinion, but I'd leave your aunt out of it. She doesn't need to be involved. She gave you a really nice gift and might feel bad if she knows it was defective.

Since she got it at NM you should be able to take it to the NM near you and they should be able to exchange it or repair it for you since you have the receipt.

(P.S. I didn't read every reply so if someone already posted the same answer, please forgive me!).

As far as i know, NM doesn't carry LV in Southern California. the nearest NM with an LV boutique is in palo alto and that's about 5 hours from where i'm at. I'll try the the Beverly center LV and hopefully, they can help me...:s thanks though, appreciate it.

They should be able to fix it for you. I kind of doubt they'd give you a new bag at this point since it's been a few months.

And this is just my opinion, but I'd leave your aunt out of it. She doesn't need to be involved. She gave you a really nice gift and might feel bad if she knows it was defective.

That's what i was thinking too. I guess i have to deal with it without letting her know. thanks jellybeanz!

UPDATE: So i brought my damier azur speedy to the Hollywood & Highland boutique and as expected they didn't offer to exchange it for a new one. My speedy will have to be separated from me for 8-12 weeks :sad:.

I cannot believe this!!! You need to call the boutique back and ask to speak with a manager. LV's policy here where I live is the warranty is for 2 years; HOWEVER, if something happens that the bag needs repaired in 6 months or less from purchase date than a new replacement is given! You need to call the manager, this is a gift from your aunt. When you took the bag in, did you take the receipt with you because if they did not have the receipt, they will go by the date code inside the bag to determine time frame from purchase? I would be demanding a new replacement!

hmm.. sorry guys i might be slow.. but i can't really see what the problem is.. can someone point it out to me? i also have recently purchased the azur speedy 25 and i want to know what a defect looks like... thanks!

I purchaed a speedy 30 from the Royal Exchange London branch on 30/09/08. Unfortunatly one of the stitches has come out from the handle. I took it back today and was told it would need to go in for repair. I asked if they could give me new one but they said no. I am very upset. It is only 12 weeks old and will be with them for 4-6 weeks. This equtes to half as long as which i’ve owned it. It hasn’t even oxidised yet. By the time i get it back it might of. I need to take this further. After only 12 weeks this should not have happened and I have only took it out about 6 times. VERY BAD customer service i’d say.