Help! My baby's defective!

annie168

O.G.
Aug 24, 2007
hi guys, please help me on this one! i just received a speedy azur 30 from my aunt, she bought it for herself but never used it and since she doesn't have a daughter she decided to just give it to me and of course i was soo happy!! but after careful examination of the bag, i noticed that the stitches on the top of the bag where the canvas attaches to the zipper are very uneven. so uneven that there's about an inch of stitching that's on the zipper cloth instead of the canvas :cursing:. I'm really concerned because i'm afraid that in time, because the stitches are on the zipper cloth and not on the canvas, the stitchings will give in and i'll have a hole in my bag :crybaby::crybaby:. i don't know what to do, the bag is about 3 months old and the receipt is not under my name, it's under my aunt's name and she's in NY and i'm in CA. also the bag was purchased at NM in NY. So my question is, can i bring it to an LV store in CA? Will they charge me for repairs? Does it matter that the receipt is with me but is under my aunt's name? Please help!

I would call a local boutique and see what they suggest. If they can't do anything for you there in CA, can you ship the bag back to your aunt and have her take it in for the repairs?

i've attached some pics of the stitching but they're not showing to well... please let me know what you think! Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 417
do you have pictures? I find this hard to believe...

EDIT: just saw the pix, thanks for posting them up! this is the 3rd time I've seen a real defect (the 2nd one was just yesterday!)... wow... definitely take it back to the boutique. Whether or not you have a receipt should not be a problem imo. It would be best if you can have your aunt there with you and bring the receipt, if she cannot make it, let her call the SA when you go exchange your bag. There's guarantee on the bag for at least 6 months, so you'll be fine. Good luck!

i already posted pictures. the stitchings are on the upper right side of the bag. zoom in and you'll notice that the stiches starts at the canvas and then at some point goes down to the zipper cloth.

After seeing your pics, I would definitely try to have it repaired. I think that would help ease your mind. You won't have to worry about "what if something happens in the future."

Wow that is crazy, i can see by your pictures that it is a defect. The best thing to do is go to LV and ask, and the end of the day it is their product and therefor their responsibility.

example, if i bought an epson printer, id contact epson if it broke. You bought an LV bag, you contact LV to sort it out. Hope this helps! Keep us updated x

thanks everyone for all your help. i'm just sad because this is my first Azur piece and i was so excited to use it, but now it seems like i have to wait for 8-10 weeks again for repairs :sad: