Help! My apple green Blenheim turns brown after exposed in the sun!

umbriel

O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
So here is the tragic story:crybaby:
Last night I got my apple green Blenheim collonil-ed and hang it on the balcony. Considering it might take a while for all these toxic ingredients to fade away, I left it there until today -- around lunch time. To my surprise, it turned brown around the edges and it looks kinda ugly now.

What am I gonna do? How can I get the lovely colour back? Neither the apple green colour nor the blenheim style is in production so there's no way to get another one of these. :sad:

I'm just soooo upset and girls beware of my accident, don't leave your lovely bags exposed in the sun after collonilization. However, my chocolate Anthony was completely fine despite of the same treatment.

Oh no, sorry to hear that.
I don't think the apple or olive colours keep their original colour very well - I'm not sure if a cleaner would work, as it's just the dye changing colour really (bit like oak's famous patina)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it may just be a case of you learning to love her as she ages gracefully?

Hi , I'm afraid LF is right , there's not much you can do . My daughter has an apple green ledbury and they do change colour to a more yellowy/khaki/brown colour with a gorgeous patina . That's the nature of the leather .
It's still beautiful though but in a different way . Hope that helps .

Hey girls, thanks for the advice and help!

I'd give Mulberry store a call and find out whether or not I can do something about it. It's a shame cuz apple green is absolutely my fav colour.

Oh well, maybe I will just learn to love the bag as it is now......

Im sure you will grow to love her as the colour change will develop over time- I have seen some older bags where the colour morph has its own unique patina developing and looks more like oak but not quite- think of it as an adventure-it will be unique to your bag- its still lovely and special if not quite the colour it started out- you will maybe love her even more- just think the change would have happened over time anyway and dont be too upset over it?