help~musette or bucket

error703

Dec 8, 2008
i'm a 24 years old girl. 160 cm. already own a galliera pm. now is searching for another should bag. i like casual wear.

i love musette so much because of the photo some of you post of ashely carrying a musette, on the left shoulder, not across the body. but she's a star, i'm a normal person...

i like bucket also because it's a classic vuitton item. but do you think the bottom is to thick? and will be a little bit strange when carried on shoulder?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Another vote for the Bucket! The flap on the Musette is quite long and can make getting in and out of the bag somewhat difficult. A con to the Bucket, however, is that the bottom is made completely of vanchetta, but it does have feet so that makes up for it a little bit.

Another vote for the Bucket! The flap on the Musette is quite long and can make getting in and out of the bag somewhat difficult. A con to the Bucket, however, is that the bottom is made completely of vanchetta, but it does have feet so that makes up for it a little bit.

wow,you made such a good point about the flap on Musette!
Thank you so much!

Waiting for other opinions~~

I don't like the flap on the musette either, I vote for the bucket, I'm pretty sure it has a canvas base with feet though, not vachetta... plus you get the bonus cosmetic case with it. I had the larger version years ago when the inside leather started to flake and I sold it.

If you want to wear it on the shoulder, I would say Bucket.

However, I have a large Musette which I absolutely adore BUT, I wear it across my body. I agree that, if you wear it on your shoulder, the flap could be quite difficult to open but its fine when worn as a messenger.

I have the petite bucket and I love it. It is actually my only shoulder bag! I find it very comfortable and roomy; plus it comes with the little accessories pouch which is so useful.

I MISS MY BUCKET!!!!!! it is one of my favorite bags. the hard bottom does not make it awkward at all. and the adjustable straps make it easy to fit it to your desired length. plus it comes with a pochette!!!! two bags for the price of 1. lol. im gonna go find the person who stole my bucket:crybaby:

I have the Musette in Damier and the Large Bucket in Monogram. I prefer the Bucket, and it's without a doubt one of my favorite bags. I always wear it on the shoulder, and I have never seen the structured bottom as a negative, to the contrary I think it's a big plus because it doesen't sag when it's heavily loaded.

As others have brought up: the long flap on the Musette makes it a hassle to get in an out of, especially when the weather is cold and the canvas is all stiff.

My vote: BUCKET

I have the Musette long strap in Damier and love it. I always wear it cross-body though as I like having 2 hands free. Security-wise it's good too as it's not bulky, so you can wear it under a winter coat for walking around town.

The Musette is gorgeous and the Bucket is very functional.
They are both very good shapes.

Although I am a bigger fan of the Bucket, I suggest the Musette. The size is convenient and the design is very unique.
Go for the Musette!