HELP! miumiu bow vs. Chanel PST vs. Lanvin Amalia Lambskin Tote or Cabass Handbag?

miu.miu

O.G.
Apr 10, 2011
Ladies I need help urgently! I'm getting my 1st designer bag 2mr :yahoo:.
I intend to spend approx £1000 and Harrods has a 10% sale this weekend. Lanvin, Chloe... is def. 10% off but I dun think they have discount on miumiu, Chanel or Dior.

Anyway I'm considering getting one of these
1. miumiu bow regular (light pink)
2. Chanel PST
3. Lanvin Amalia Lambskin tote: H35cm x W37cm x D15cm; handle drop 15cm (in brown, black or pink)
4. Lanvin Amalia Cabass handbag: it's just said pure leather on the website, H35cm x W37cm x D15cm; handle drop 15cm

I would like a bag that I can use everyday but not too big for a night out to see a movie or sth. I :love: miumiu bow but it's said to be high maintenance (and I only like the one in light pink :shucks:).

This is what I normally carry: a large size wallet (LV sarah), sunglasses with case, a small umbrella Blackberry, a pocket notebook, pen, some MU items (mirror, oil blotting tissues, comb). Well I just bought an iPad 2 so it would be good if I can put it in too :cloud9:.

that is tricky. I personally wouldn't go for the chanel pst, I just find it a bit boring, but I know it has alot of fans. I love the miumiu and think that is absolutely gorgeous. I also like both of the lanvin bags. I haven't seen them irl but they look quite big, so I would go for the miumiu.

What's most important is of course that you don't have any regrets and love your new bag.

Good luck, decision making is hard!

thanks I love miumiu bow but I'm worried if I use it everyday it would wear off too quickly... Correct me if I'm wrong but I do expect the other 3 bags to be more durable

A Lanvin would be more uncommon compared to the Chanel. and you mentioned that there is a 10% discount on them so you'll be able to save some money.

It's true that Chanel bags would hold their resale value on their classic bags because they keep increasing the prices but I wouldn't buy a bag just because of this factor.

It'll be best to go try them on this weekend and see which looks best on you. Good luck with your decision. I don't think you can go very wrong with any of the 4 you've listed.

What colour for the Chanel PST are you considering? If it's black then I agree that it would be a little boring but I think in other colours (pink and beige, etc) it would be cute yet still timeless.

Update: went to the store today but sth came up so I had to left early... I did not buy but managed to pop in Chanel store and had a look @PST in white. Well there's just enough space to put my daily necessity, and no zip - I knew about this b4 but consider the small size of the bag, that would be a minus.

What colour for the Chanel PST are you considering? If it's black then I agree that it would be a little boring but I think in other colours (pink and beige, etc) it would be cute yet still timeless.

I was thinking black or white. The pink one is limited edition? I saw a PST pink on youtube and it has zipper :sad:( but can't find it instore.

Lanvin Amalia is good since it's with a 10% off!

otherwise miu miu ... but how about darker colors?
mughetto? ... is really a light color!

Do you know if miumiu bow quality is better now? I searched TPF for info on this bag and found that quite a few ppl complained about its quality...
Color is also a problem, atm I only like the light pink... I'm a sucker for pastel colors, I dress quite girly too so it suits me... but will definitely look at other colors instore