HELP..... Mini Palm Springs crooked handle and hole thru canvas

piperrrr

Jan 29, 2018
Hi ladies i have a MPS and somethings have been bothering me for a while... I thought i would put it here for some suggestions and ideas. Thank you a lot in advance.

So i bought it in jan 2019 and within 3 months one of the strap loops came loose and i noticed this little hole at the end of the zipper cover. I dont know how it happened but it was already there by the time the loop came loose. When I took it to my store (GC, Australia), the SA said he would have the hole checked before sending it to Singapore for repair. However, I have not heard from that SA since.

I mentioned it a few more times and my regular SA took a photo of the hole in early June only to tell me that’s its not reparable. The result is: ‘it seems like it was a scratch that might have happened because it was caught in the zipper’.

Can you ladies have a look at the photos coz I don’t think it’s physically possible since the hole is at the very end which the zipper doesn’t even go down to, let alone over to create a hole (I pulled the zipper all the way down for reference). I feel like the result is pretty unfair.

ALSO the ‘Louis Vuitton’ stamped at the front is a bit crooked. The top handle is VERY crooked.

I didnt expect perfection so the handle wasnt a killer for me but i just feel like everything all together is really disappointing. What do you think? Should i just let it slide? I have sent 2 emails but got no reply...
IMG_5075.jpg IMG_3792.jpg
Sorry i dont know why the photos came out the wrong way...

I understand it's the sum total. I would talk to someone else if possible. I try to not be too picky but damn that crooked LV tag would drive me insane. To me it's crooked enough that I would think it a fake bag if I saw it on you. That bag just seems like a mess and it really is the sum total. I would be over it. :crybaby: I hope you can get it replaced.

I understand it's the sum total. I would talk to someone else if possible. I try to not be too picky but damn that crooked LV tag would drive me insane. To me it's crooked enough that I would think it a fake bag if I saw it on you. That bag just seems like a mess and it really is the sum total. I would be over it. :crybaby: I hope you can get it replaced.
Thank you. Ill try to go to another store and have a talk...

That hole would drive me crazy! Not sure how it would get caught in the zipper but it could be from the outside zipper rubbing it but I don’t think that is your fault or normal wear and tear, a design flaw. Makes me nervous with mine I just got less than 2 weeks ago. I sent pictures of mine last night in because it has canvas rubbing off on the bottom!

Good luck and it really stinks that it all depends on who you get.

Not sure what caused the hole, I haven't seen this before. Like said above, I would bring it in and see what they say. What has been common is the little slits or peeling around the top from the zipper stress, my PM size had this.
Not to be harsh but the tab & handle being crooked is something you should have noted when you bought it, not 6 -7 months later.

That hole would drive me crazy! Not sure how it would get caught in the zipper but it could be from the outside zipper rubbing it but I don’t think that is your fault or normal wear and tear, a design flaw. Makes me nervous with mine I just got less than 2 weeks ago. I sent pictures of mine last night in because it has canvas rubbing off on the bottom!

Good luck and it really stinks that it all depends on who you get.
Thank you! Yea i think it was a design flaw even my SA said it wasnt great. I think maybe im a bit extra unlucky. Wow 2wks and that... Hopefully your process will be smooth.

Not sure what caused the hole, I haven't seen this before. Like said above, I would bring it in and see what they say. What has been common is the little slits or peeling around the top from the zipper stress, my PM size had this.
Not to be harsh but the tab & handle being crooked is something you should have noted when you bought it, not 6 -7 months later.
Thank you. Yea Thats my best shot, gonna talk to a manager about that hole.

Its alright. I dont know how i did not notice that for so long either... maybe I was just too excited since i wanted it for so long and drove 1.5hr straight there when i got a text from the SA. I feel like the hole and the repair made me worried about the quality so i started examining the bag and found out all this.

Thank you. Yea Thats my best shot, gonna talk to a manager about that hole.

Its alright. I dont know how i did not notice that for so long either... maybe I was just too excited since i wanted it for so long and drove 1.5hr straight there when i got a text from the SA. I feel like the hole and the repair made me worried about the quality so i started examining the bag and found out all this.

I get it. Best of luck when you take her in. :smile: