Help: Medium Coffer vs Mulberry Alexa

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi girls,

I know this is the miu miu forum but I was wondering if you have a choice would u get the miu miu medium coffer or the mulberry alexa?

A bit of background, I did have the coffer in the regular size but I found it to be too big n heavy. So I thought I sell that n get the small size which is more proportionate to me( I am bout 5' 3).

Since I sold the bag I have second thought. Now I have a chance to buy a bag I would be able to really use. I couldn't make up my mind n the bf is no help as he doesn't like the coffer shape ( man!! )

Criteria for the bag:
    a) everyday use
    b) that is not too heavy
    c) sling able
    d) generally a good looking bag

I currently have a miu miu harlequin bag in pink Rosa but no mulberry bag.

What are your suggestions girls?

Thank you for all ur advice!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

2. Ps: something that is easy to get in and out will be best....

3. A coffer! The alexa is nice and is very popular but I couldn't live without my coffer...

4. I pick the coffer. It's so beautiful and girly.

5. hahahah, expected of the miu miu forum.

Thanks for the input butterfly36029 and krisaya.

Question: do you guys have the medium coffer? Is it heavy? Is it accessible?

6. I have the large coffer, not the medium. The large is definitely heavy, it's manageable but heavier than other bags. Heavier than the Nappa Charm for example. I couldn't compare it to an Alexa. And yes, it's accessible and easy to find stuff inside it.

7. Thanks butterfly36029!!! :biggrin:

I actually did have the regular coffer, but it was pretty heavy and I seldom use it (Also, I was more in love with the lambskin, but somewhat I got the glazed calfskin! lol) It was a good bag, but also, I dont put much in my bag (small wallet, ipod nano, iphone, a coin purse) so I really didnt need that much space.

Btw, the more I looked at alexa, the more I think it looks like the bow bag (especially the bottom). Then it got me thinking, since there are some problem with the alexa material. What bout the bow? (Though I got to say, in my place here, there are alot of replica of the bow, so if I would to get it, I stay clear of tan, cream and black lol)

Bow, Coffer or Alexa?

8. If regular coffer is too big, u can consider medium. It should be more than enough to fit your stuff. It's not too heavy. Lambskin coffer is very yummy!

I was also looking at Alexa for a while, but seems there are quite a number of quality issues as seen in the forum.

9. I have a regular coffer, alexa and bow. I do reach for my alexa more often than my coffer (think it might be because of the colour). I think if you found the coffer to be heavy, then you might find the bow to be a bit on the heavy side too. I'm not sure about the weight of the medium coffer though.

What colour alexa were you thinking of getting? There are a few issues with them, but I think it's primarily with to the oak leather (it's better to view it in person first and choose the grain before you buy) or the tweed/sparkly ones. It's an easy bag to use and it's also very slouchy, so you'd have to like that look over the prettiness of the coffer :smile: Either way I think they're all great bags!

10. I have a regular size alexa. It's a very relaxed oldschool look if that's what you are after. I don't own coffer bag because of its weight. I think the coffer style is very girly and sweet. They are both lovely bags. You can't go wrong with either of them.

11. Thanks girls.

Actually I have made up my mind.

I am going with the medium coffer. It always did top my list and I know if I dont get it I will forever think of it.

So I am going for it.