Help me with the year and color

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
    Hi everyone, I'm new to Balenciaga, I've been eyeing them for a few years, but never took the plunge. And now that I am in desperate hunt for a new red handbag, I decided to find one in Balenciaga.

The very helpful and lovely Erica1451 helped me authenticate this bag on ebay:
    xx

But I was looking it up in the reference library, and could not find Coral Red color. And the seller said it's a City, and I found the City should come with metal tag.

Because I am not familiar with the Balenciaga bags, can you plese help me identify the year and style of this bag? Is the color really called Coral Red? Is it a true red or orange red?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

2. 08 Coral red is an orange red, definiteley, the bag in this picture doesn't look coral red to me, which by the way, it's beautiful!!!!. It looks more like 08 Rubisse which is more like a true red. it looks yummy!

3. Oh, thank you so much! Is the Rubisse same as the Ruby color some people have posted? I do like the color in the pictures.
    Doesn't City come with metal tag though? And the hardware on this bag looks like pewter?
    I appreciate your help!

4. If you notice, in picture #3, they thid a shot of the metal tag, the thing is that they did not do a close up. The picture where they show the leather tag is the back part where the metal tag is. What I mean is that it's a piece of leather where in the front you see the metal tag attached and in the back you see the leather serial!
    If I were you, I would ask the seller a close up of the metal tag. That would solve the problem of the year and the color. For example, if the metal tag ends with an "S" it means that the bag is Ruby = Rubisse but if ends with a "T" then it is a coral red. Do that, ok? I hope that helps. Good luck!

5. I think the color in the picture is not coral red but who knows, maybe the lighting wasn't good or something. You'll be sure with the picture of the matal tag.

6. Thank you so much Crazyaboutbags! I think you took my name! LOL!!
    I appreciate all your help, you are so knowledgable, and everyone else in this forum too. I will ask the seller for more pictures. Thanks!!

7. Totally my pleasure s627y!! I'm glad I could hep, and you can call me crazy (my friends do hahahahahahahahahahaha) :lol: Good Luck with the bag! it's gorgeous!

8. I meant "I'm glad I could help" and not hep :smile: