Help me with my stroller search! Uppa Baby vs. Valco

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi girls,

Well...after many weeks of tirelessly researching strollers - I've pretty much decided I love the Uppa Baby Vista. I was going to go with the 2009 but I thought the 2010 had some really attractive features such as the new upright seat position. However, the price is hard to justify for me and I'm wondering if there are models that have the same features that I could do equally well with.

Another one I was considering was the Valco Ion. It has pretty much all the features I need except the reversible seat, which I really like - especially in the earlier months. I'm just not sure the difference of $350 is worth it for just this one feature though.

What do people think of these strollers? Are there others that you think would work for me? I don't mind splurging as I know we'll have it for awhile. I just worry that I might be overlooking another lesser known model that have all the same features at a much better price.

TIA! :smile:

2. Well, I went with the UppaBaby Vista (2010 model - just came in last week!). But for us it was between the Vista and the Bugaboo Chameleon. The Vista had all of the features that we wanted from the Chameleon, but some additional ones (ie: better canopy and sunvisor, included bug screen, better under seat storage, etc.). Also, between the two, the Vista felt more comfortable to maneuver, so it was a no-brainer!

I haven't looked at the Valco, so I can't help there, but I think that the Vista's a great choice!

3. I have the 2010 Uppababy Vista and got it last week...and love it! If you get a Vista, get the 2010, it is much better than the 2009 IMO.

I haven't looked at Valco so I can't compare the two.

4. You should check out the Quinny Buzz...I am considering it.

5. ^ I just realized the Buzz doesn't have a storage basket. I was debating between the UppaBaby Vista and Quinny Buzz but I feel like the Quinny looks so much better and I love the colors more. There are so many out there it's hard to make a decision!! :sad:

6. The Buzz does have a storage basket, if you mean the one underneath- it's just not as big as the one on the Vista. Personally, I liked the Buzz better, because I felt like it pushed more easily, but I think they're pretty equal all things compared. They're both really nice strollers :smile:.

Albeebaby has some nice deals on the 2009 Vista right now.

7. We decided to wait for the Upbbaby 2010, even though I also thought it would be hard to justify the price difference. However, the savings on the 2009 only breaks down to about 17% off when you think about it, and from what people say, its really important to have that upright position. On top of that, the 2010 has more head room, making it fit your child for longer...that is the logic we went through in getting the newer one.

8. Thanks for all your input girls. ;)

I actually went ahead and bought a Valco Ion stroller this weekend - kinda a spur of the minute decision. :graucho:

I was googling for deals on the Valco and there was a kijiji listing for one brand new in the box. I got it for $250 Canadian!! Even though it was our second choice, the difference in price was so HUGE I felt ok not having the reversible seat feature. The basket isn't as big as the Uppa Baby, and the stroller isn't as high as I would like, but it handles great, is totally well made, and it has the one wheel on the front that my DH is crazy about! I also love the egg shaped canopy. So darling! I'm very happy with the deal I got.

Here is a pic of the one I got in Almond:

http://valcoprams.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZM22355A

There's also a review of the stroller here, but there are lots on youtube as well. :nod:

http://familyliciousreviews.blogspot.com/2010/01/valco-ion-stroller-review.html

9. Have you got your stroller in yet? I keep going between the Ion and the Vista as well. Are you liking the Ion?

10. Baby won't be here until April so I won't know until we take it out, but we put it together and love it. :yes: