Help Me With My Parchment Sabrina

sexycombover

Baby Baby Baby, Oooh
O.G.
Jan 4, 2009
So I've talked about the tarnish spots in the tarnish thread and have talked about a mark on my bag and wanting to sell it cause I've fallen out of love with it. So I'm now leaning towards selling it heavily but there's this scuff mark that's like a hairline thickness that needs fixing so I can return it to its original beauty so that I can either a) fall back in love or b)sell it for a decent price.

I haven't had a chance to buy apple cause i have to order it online (didn't find it in my local leather care stores) and I didn't want to order it online frankly. Is there an easier way to get rid of it? Need better photos?

Any help is much appreciated.
This would also be a nice thread to talk about other marks people are having issues with getting rid of perhaps exclusive to parchment bags.

I forgot to mention. I can't buy apple if I wanted to as leatherstuff doesn't ship outside of the US at a reasonable rate (I think last time I checked it was $50!!) and the ebay seller who used to sell it isn't selling it at the moment :sad:

dk_wrap-1.jpg

Last edited:
I did some googling and it seems that a lot of people also use the Mr. Clean Eraser. Does anyone else have a parchment bag of any other style (or the same) that can attest to the fact that it won't ruin the bag? Of course, even if I try it, I'll try the bottom of the bag first, but I'm very curious of the results particularly on parchment from the tried-and-true bunch :smile:

Many thanks in advance.

Apple's the only solution? :sad:

Ok. I just read in the handbags forum that Derek Alexander leather cleaner is the same thing as apple (as it is made by them) but just for Canada?
I'll try that (or looking for that).

Thanks TXCoachGirlie for suggesting a search (this might sound dumb, but I really didn't think of that. Hahaha).

I would start with a conditioner before a cleaner. It's a scuff, not an actual colored mark. This is why Mr Clean probably won't work on it either, because there is no color to remove. I believe the first step would be a leather conditioner..maybe it will smooth out the scuff for you.

Would the conditioner moisten the scuff and make it a stain? (Lol, did that sound as dumb as I thought it did?)

I'm just concerned I'm gonna make the situation worse.

That site is indeed way too expensive for shipping! Order Apple from here:
http://www.daytimer.ca/content/shop...0147B4625AF8033B5F6D50C72&solution_nmbr=60010

I recently ordered 3 conditioners & 1 cleaner, the shipping was only $11 something and all together the order came to around 37$
I received my order already, the only problem was in the box was only 1 conditioner and 1 cleaner . A packaging mistake made by whoever read the form & pkgd!

I posted on your other thread about how the conditioner worked pretty nicely for my black leather wallet which had some surface scratches / scuffs, but I'm not sure how it would work on your parchment since it's white and probably diff texture leather.
The Apple conditioner shouldn't change the colour of your parchment bag (but don't quote me since I haven't tried), and I'm thinking if anything can help it would probably be the apple conditioner.

I didn't get apple, but I got an equivalent (says it works the same way and is satisfaction guaranteed). It doesn't have that strange smell other leather cleaning products have either so I think it should be equally strong though I guess I may give in and try apple if the Boutique doesn't solve this for me. It's weird cause the part that's scuffed now looks like it lost its shine (like the leather doesn't have that shiny sheen thing anymore).

I was able to clean all my other bags with the cleaner/conditioner so I have a bunch of clean bags now but the one I particularly bought it for is still scuffed and staring at me. The only reason why it bothers me so much is because it's in such a friggin' obvious spot. It just mocks me every time I look at the bag now :cry:

:sos:

Um so will apple restore the shine of the leather? (it looks like a bald spot around the mark now. Ugh This is eating me up). *rams head against wall*

Have you thoguth about decorating her with a scarf? It looks like that is a handle, so you may be able to cover the mark with an appropriate placed bow. I know you'll know it's there, but it could still loook beautiful!

Thanks for the suggestion, ssecnirpc. I was considering moving all the hangtags to the other side of the handle--that'd definitely disguise it a bit.

I feel like I've ruined the bag now though cause now the scuffed area doesn't even have its original lustre anymore (post conditioning too!). Maybe too much scrubbing? Anyway. I'm hoping I can cry my way to some kind of solution at the boutique.

Will take photos when I get home to show you what I mean. *sniffles*