help me with my freakishly uneven tan!!

sweet_pees

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
so it was gloomy in the bahamas because of hurricane Faye (spelling??) but there was a good day or two where the sun was still beaming... i wished for the sun to come out, but now i'm not so sure if it was such a good idea.
Let me begin by saying i am super pale and i guess i fried under the sun. the problem is, the tan is so uneven! Certain areas on my arms, stomach, and back are much more tanned then other areas and i am not trying to sound offensive but the only way i can describe my skin is that it resembles skin cancer.
does anyone know how i can fix this?? it would be too difficult to cover the dark areas and tan the lighter areas bc the outlines are too complicated, i kid you not. It is like a maze on my body now. i would really like to try spray tanning but i'm afraid that everything all together would just get darker and then more noticeable. (i dont see why it would even out if the base color is different to begin with..)
please please let me in on some of your secrets, lol. And thanks for helping me through this awkward tan.

oh dear, sorry to hear about this! I don't have any similar experience, but i'd try self tanner at a small spot, it could be a different shade of tan you want, kwim? hope some experienced PFer can chime in with help!

Are you peeling?? That would cause it to look very uneven. It will all turn much more even when given time... I have had horrible tans before too!!

Are you peeling?? That would cause it to look very uneven. It will all turn much more even when given time... I have had horrible tans before too!!

omg, this is a relief to hear.. i am keeping my fingers crossed that i start peeling soon. although i have been lotioning up every night, should i stop the lotion so it will peel more likely?

try exfoliating the areas in the shower with an exfoliator mitt or one of those spongy nylon "scrubber" things. I don't know what they're called but they look like this:

I wouldn't exfoliate too hard though- if you're skin's really tender- that could really damage your skin and possibly scar. It won't peel as quickly if you moisturize, but it's much better for your skin if you keep it moist so i'd still do lotion. Good luck! Does it hurt? Itch?

I wouldn't exfoliate too hard though- if you're skin's really tender- that could really damage your skin and possibly scar. It won't peel as quickly if you moisturize, but it's much better for your skin if you keep it moist so i'd still do lotion. Good luck! Does it hurt? Itch?

chinadoll, it is itchy but bearable. it has already passed the painful red stage so now it is simply dark :sad:

and now that you mention it, i did realize that it is only peelin in the portion of my back where i cant reach to moisturize. all my arms and legs are not peeling, i guess bc i can reach those areas..