Help me with my first Chanel pls!!! SHW or GHW???

Which color HW?

• Black GST with SHW

• Black GST with GHW

Results are only viewable after voting.

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
Hi. This is my first time to post here. I am a Chanel newbie as I have been purchasing LVs in the past. I think I am ready to jump. I am interested in the Black GST but can't decide between shw or ghw. Can you please share your opinions? Any pros and cons? TIA!

SophiaLee

Guest Star
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
I think it depends more on what would look best with your usual wardrobe. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
Asia
Gold! It looks richer, classic look. Some prefer gold with beige or white. So it's really your choice, can't go wrong.

MollieO

May 20, 2011
Washington DC
I have all SHW, but am now tempted by the GHW- but that is because my SHW collection is robust. I wear mainly sterling, silver and pearl Chanel and diamond accessories (studs, pendants) so for me the SHW works better.

What were you drawn to first?

shosho811

Reformed Shopaholic
O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
London
I agree with MollieO, I generally buy bags depending on the jewellery I wear, but since I wear a combination of both silver and gold, my bag collection is quite mixed.

For this vote, I have to say GST with GHW.... Just too classic to pass up.

Sep 5, 2007
I agree with both MollieO and shosho811. i prefer SHW because i dont wear any gold jewelry but it really depends on your preference.

rosasharn78

Choose happiness always.
O.G.
Dec 3, 2009
Sun & Surf, CA
I agree with the other posters. It's all about your preference and what you naturally gravitate towards. I personally prefer SHW.

joansie

Aug 30, 2007
New York
i prefer gold hw...often times in recent yrs i didnt have the option & went silver...given the choice, i usually go gold...

*Sai*

May 28, 2010
London
I have GHW and I wear both gold and silver jewellery. I love black and gold combo - it is so striking.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Since you mainly have LV, which has gold hardware except for a few lines, maybe silver would be a nice change. If you wear lots of yellow gold, go with gold by all means. Personally, I love silver hardware on the GST.