Help me with my dilemma! H or diamonds..

Black Kelly or Eternity Ring?

• Black Kelly

• Eternity ring

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would turn down the black Kelly (it is not what you are looking for and can always be requested years later if you change your mind), pass on the diamonds which you can buy at any time, and hold out for the Kelly that you really want.

If you turn down this one, your SA will probably offer you something else soon.

And your SA will also likely realize if you buy the bag for someone else and could mark you as a reseller. This is more damaging to a relationship than turning down an offer I'd think...

Totally agree. If you want a Kelly in a pop or pastel color, hold out for that. Not that you can "always" get a black K in the boutique, but it will always be produced so you can get it later. If you decide you really want the ultimate classic black K in the future, you can also get a vintage one in Box on the reseller market.

Also, OP, I hear you on the Chanel. To me, Chanel is Black, and Hermes is Color. If you already have a classic black Chanel for dressier occasions, you're set in that area for a while. Stick to your instincts and hold out for what you really want.

purely for 'investment' surely a carefully bought diamond will be better than a leather bag?

but if it is for what you want to have, hold and use now - the best buy must be what YOU want the most

One of my friend's sister (age 19) carries a Kelly 32 like a boss. I don't think age has anything to do with any bag. If you think age is a factor, you won't be able to carry it... Stick with diamonds.

Good luck deciding.

There are no "bad" choices on this fun decision :smile:

Things to consider: an EC eternity ring has to be carefully sized. As you are 26, you want to make sure you don't later find your fingers swell and you cannot wear it comfortably, because it not easy (if at all) to resize this type ring.

The black Kelly seems a mature look, and it can be - but you can change that by adding bright pop color with Twilly or bag charm. It is a true classic, but can take on different moods.

Good luck and enjoy this fun shopping!!

Not a bad dilemma at all! :smile: I'd buy the kelly for MIL, wait on the ring (readily available) and buy the bright kelly you really want when it becomes available. Probably won't be a long wait at all. Happy shopping!

One of my friend's sister (age 19) carries a Kelly 32 like a boss. I don't think age has anything to do with any bag. If you think age is a factor, you won't be able to carry it... Stick with diamonds.

Good luck deciding.

+100. The black Kelly is the ONE handbag that is forever, but if you think it's old, you're unlikely to change your mind for a few years at least.
That said, I'd buy H over diamonds in a heartbeat, as there are so many ethical issues and the valuation is so unreliable, unless you have a diamond dealer who is selling you the stones close to cost.

There are no "bad" choices on this fun decision :smile:

Things to consider: an EC eternity ring has to be carefully sized. As you are 26, you want to make sure you don't later find your fingers swell and you cannot wear it comfortably, because it not easy (if at all) to resize this type ring.

The black Kelly seems a mature look, and it can be - but you can change that by adding bright pop color with Twilly or bag charm. It is a true classic, but can take on different moods.

Good luck and enjoy this fun shopping!!

The point on an eternity band is a very good one - my engagement ring is like the Perfect Murder ring, and it cannot be re-sized.

My vote goes to the emerald cut eternity band! It's on my list too:graucho: Although I am thinking about 30 pointers instead of 60 pointers, yours sounds amazing!

Sounds like black kelly isn't on your wishlist, should only purchase the things that you are wishing for!

I would turn down the black Kelly (it is not what you are looking for and can always be requested years later if you change your mind), pass on the diamonds which you can buy at any time, and hold out for the Kelly that you really want.

If you turn down this one, your SA will probably offer you something else soon.

And your SA will also likely realize if you buy the bag for someone else and could mark you as a reseller. This is more damaging to a relationship than turning down an offer I'd think...

This! +1