Help me with Fendi Spy~!!

Ttori

Member
Jan 4, 2006
10
0
LA
Hi~ I'm new here and it looks like a great place here. :biggrin:

I'm in a desperate need for a help~!!! I just had a baby girl last month and my husband bought me a beige colored chanel bag....cambon tote or something as a gift...but it's just too..."classy" for me. I'm more a dress-down type of tomgirl not a dress up style...So, instead I bought a Fendi spy bag....but the smaller one...(not the one most ppl know) I don't know the name of it....costs $1300 in the blue color. I really like it. It's very cute. (I have only seen it in one picture- Paris Hilton carrying one...) But now my husband is saying I should just spend the extra and buy THE SPY bag...like the one megs has... The Fendi store here has a dark brown and the honey one . I'd like the green or a blue one but it's all out..other colors look really nice too...If I get it, I'd probably get the honey color....I'm so lost.....Would this $2000+bag be really worth it....(my most exp bag is a $750 bag from LV...go figure...:wacko: )
 

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
10,948
53
California
Honestly, I prefer the regular spy over the small spy. The small spy looks like an alien trying to crawl out of its shell, no offense... I just think the regular spy is so elegant!
 

riotstar

bag scout
Nov 10, 2005
154
0
L.A.
Well, I never thought of the spy as a bag ppl dress down with (although you certainly can). Have you tried one on yet?
 

Ttori

Member
Jan 4, 2006
10
0
LA
Irissy said:
Honestly, I prefer the regular spy over the small spy. The small spy looks like an alien trying to crawl out of its shell, no offense... I just think the regular spy is so elegant!
keke..alien trying to crawl out of its shell....very funny! no offense taken. it actually does look like that but......it's still cute....in it's own way. :weird:
 

Ttori

Member
Jan 4, 2006
10
0
LA
riotstar said:
Well, I never thought of the spy as a bag ppl dress down with (although you certainly can). Have you tried one on yet?
compared to the chanel bag, i think the spy bags looks cool when i dress grungy...:amuse: but the one i have is the small spy so i really dont know how the regular one will look....i didnt really look at it closely at the store cuz i thought it was out of my price range...but now that i have an option to exchange it.....ugh....dilemma.....:hrmm:
 

Accessorize*me

My special one...
O.G.
Ttori said:
compared to the chanel bag, i think the spy bags looks cool when i dress grungy...:amuse: but the one i have is the small spy so i really dont know how the regular one will look....i didnt really look at it closely at the store cuz i thought it was out of my price range...but now that i have an option to exchange it.....ugh....dilemma.....:hrmm:
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I have the Fendi Spy in Cognac and it goes with everything....you name it, jeans, tank tops, dresses (printed or otherwise) since it is kinda slouchy. ;)

And I'm only 5"2 so size doesn't matter. I've even had women on the street who doesn't even know what a spy is come up and ask me where to get the bag! :biggrin:

Besides, you can sling it on your shoulder and have spare hands to hold your little girl/boy rather than the Fendi Satchel (the small spy) which you have to hang on your elbow.:amuse:
 

3monkeys

O.G.
Nov 29, 2005
180
2
Does anyone have the dimensions of a small spy vs. a regular spy? I'm quite petite, 5'0, and worry that a regular spy would overwhelm me. I've only seen one person IRL carrying a spy and she was a tall one, at least 5'10 and her spy looked pretty big. Is there a large spy, also? I soooo want this bag :love:
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
3monkeys said:
Does anyone have the dimensions of a small spy vs. a regular spy? I'm quite petite, 5'0, and worry that a regular spy would overwhelm me. I've only seen one person IRL carrying a spy and she was a tall one, at least 5'10 and her spy looked pretty big. Is there a large spy, also? I soooo want this bag :love:
MK and Ashley Olsen are small and short , and they seem to carry the spy bag well, I dont think the bag is too big for anyone.
 

Ttori

Member
Jan 4, 2006
10
0
LA
Few pictures of the small spy bag that I have....

it's called the BAULOTTO SPY PICCOLO NAPA

i think this bag is really cute and i love the color but i'll prob exchange it to THE spy bag....(6 days left to make up my mind..:smile: )

...and a picture of the chanel bag i'm gonna return....wouldnt it be nice to keep them all~ keke :idea:
 

Attachments

3monkeys

O.G.
Nov 29, 2005
180
2
madeline said:
MK and Ashley Olsen are small and short , and they seem to carry the spy bag well, I dont think the bag is too big for anyone.
Do you know where I can look at pix w/ them carrying the spy? TIA Madeline.
 

Ttori

Member
Jan 4, 2006
10
0
LA
3monkeys said:
Do you know where I can look at pix w/ them carrying the spy? TIA Madeline.
they're so cute~!!!! (olsens and the bag...:nuts: ) i love the color of this spy bag....fendi has this in store...but $2410....dang.....so exp....

i think it depends on how u "carry" the bag....not how big/small ur...i'm afraid i wont look as fashionable as they are when i carry one...:suspiciou
 

Attachments

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
Ttori said:
Few pictures of the small spy bag that I have....

it's called the BAULOTTO SPY PICCOLO NAPA

i think this bag is really cute and i love the color but i'll prob exchange it to THE spy bag....(6 days left to make up my mind..:smile: )

...and a picture of the chanel bag i'm gonna return....wouldnt it be nice to keep them all~ keke :idea:

I wouldnt take to long to make up your mind, they may sell the bag you are considering. It seems like you are having doubts about this bag, so you get the other, you dont want to regret your decision. But I think yours now is so cute, but if you feel the regular spy is better for you- go get it! Let us know what you decide.
 

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,252
12
Colorado
I love your mini-spy....but, I tend to like small to mid-size bags.

Do whatever is going to make you happy. With a new baby you may want the extra room a larger spy would give you.

The Chanel bag is timeless; but, I am with you - I prefer a little more funky.