Help me with college dorm bedding!

Vinyl

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
What do you guys think about this:
91756113702CZ.JPG

Is it too childish? I like the price & it's one whole set so I don't have to hunt individual pieces down. There's not many nice whole sets for twin x-long. Trust me, I'm looking high & low at different sites right now, this is my fall-back option.

OR! If I get individual pieces, will a regular twin comforter be fine? I'm thinking of ordering just bedsheets in twin x-long, as long as the comforter doesn't have to be twin x-large as well.

And what's the purpose of a tapestry for bedding? :confused1:

EDIT: I also found this set -- it's half the price of the pink one:
51L4ZfafZUL._SS260_.jpg

Last edited:
Eek, past the time limit to edit my post. Anyways, I reread the description for that black/red floral set and it's only 2 pieces (comforter & sham), so that would explain the cheap price.

More choices:
51bLNtNki4L._SS384_.jpg
51fwwjcFzFL._SS384_.jpg

I love the white one. :yahoo: They're all separate pieces though.

When I was in college I had bright magenta sheets & pillowcases, it looked like I was trapped in a cotton candy machine and my boyfriend always felt a little like a kid diddler.

I lovelove the first one in your second post, btw.

If you get regular-length twin sheets for extra-deep mattresses, they will fit fine. But yeah, if you get a regular size twin comforter, it will be fine. I think the beds are only 2-4 inches longer.

Hiiiii girll :smile:) Ah I can't wait for college. i have a few years before that though! haha

I like the first one or the white one. cute!!

Haha, trust me, choose EARLY!! Don't be a procrastinator like me... now it's even a pain in the butt to choose something so simple like bedding. :rolleyes:

When I was in college I had bright magenta sheets & pillowcases, it looked like I was trapped in a cotton candy machine and my boyfriend always felt a little like a kid diddler.

:roflmfao: thanks for that image just before falling asleep!

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: Oh my!

Anyhow! My mom also likes the white one.

More opinions, please! And thanks, laureenthemean, for that! I don't wanna go digging for twin sheets just for extra-deep mattresses though. We'll see! :P

I like that 2nd black and white set you posted, so cute!! I got mine at Target, they have alot of different choices and the price is very reasonable. And I think you'll be fine with a twin comforter.

FYI-- an over the door organizer saved my life freshman year, I would highly highly suggest getting one :smile: Good luck!!!

I would say the black/grey damask set (the third). I really disliked the first and second ones.

In my experience, x-long sheets that you order will be much too long for your x-long twin bed. I have no idea why this seems to always be the case, but it does. I'd go with regular twin sizing for your bedding.