Help me, which trendy?

Which mini trendy should I keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

idlehen

Nov 3, 2017
I got this mini trendy earlier this month at the boutique. I've been eyeing it for awhile and so when I saw it I took the plunge. However after watching reviews I realized that Chanel actually made it smaller this season! I felt a little cheated even though I did really like my bag. BUT earlier this week Fashionphile had the older version on sale for a decent price so I grabbed it.

Now that I have the old (21S) and new (22S) version, I'm having a hard time deciding which to keep. The older version is way bigger. However I can kind of understand why they shrunk it. Aesthetically, the smaller size looks better proportioned whether it's filled or not. The older version, because it's made to accommodate more depth, the flap can feel kind of loose and there is large air gap at the top of the bag if it isn't filled all the way. However the older version can probably hold like 40% more. The chain is longer on the old one though, maybe 23 inches. At my height, I prefer the length on the new one, which has a drop of about 22inches...

Sooo which one should I keep? If I end up keeping the older version, then I will probably lose some money trying to resell my new one (I'm not really sure how popular they are). If I keep the 22S one, then I can return the other one to fashionphile for full refund.

PXL_20220423_052114090.jpgPXL_20220423_052126562.jpgPXL_20220423_052326346.jpg

Aesthetically I prefer the sizing of the newer one. Seems better proportioned/balanced. Also no money lost returning to fashionphile makes sense to be.
Thanks, I'm leaning that way too... But I wish Chanel hadn't shrunk it so much. It's easier to get in and out of the older one since the side pieces actually open a little wider than the base. Whereas the newer one it tapers towards the top so the bag entry is more narrow.

I prefer the old one in this case. The mini trendy was supposedly one of the “tiny bags” that could hold the most. Unless you are somehow able to exchange the 22S mini trendy with the one also from this season, but comes with the quilted design on the CC logo and elevated quilted “CHANEL” words, then I would keep the 22S. The one with quilting appears to be limited to this season, I got it and love the details. It’s a little more expensive though.

I prefer the old one in this case. The mini trendy was supposedly one of the “tiny bags” that could hold the most. Unless you are somehow able to exchange the 22S mini trendy with the one also from this season, but comes with the quilted design on the CC logo and elevated quilted “CHANEL” words, then I would keep the 22S. The one with quilting appears to be limited to this season, I got it and love the details. It’s a little more expensive though.
Thank you for your input! I considered the 22S one with the quilted detail on the hardware but I actually like the original hardware better. Though maybe if I saw it in person then I'd change my mind since I feel like pictures don't always do justice. The boutiques near me only had the original one when I went so I couldn't compare. I'm not sure I'm within the exchange timeframe anymore anyway, so I'd have to sell and rebuy.