help me vote please? first BAL! neiman marcus 10th anniv or classic city RH?

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Hi all, so please help me giving out pros and cons, advice about my first bal...i used to be active from lv and this year kind of digging into alexander wang and balenciaga and still very indecisive about it, reason being that is because im not really digging the current season's colours and kind of looking into more purple than murrier(like raisin) or red...so i was searching around some other time and discovered the 10th anniversary neiman marcus collection. I'm not residing in US but might be able to ask my cousins help to get it for me since she's staying in Seattle...but the problem is that is it worth it to be my first bal bag? since it's after all suede and probably wont last long enough compare to leather-made as im not someone who can afford to buy a lot of bal bags..probably one for years to come...so any input will be greatly appreciated..thanks!:yahoo:

the NM bag is gorgeous and there are a couple of owners on the forum who could tell you about the wear/tear on it. it's also LE so it'll be hard to find one later whereas the classic city would always be around. (though it may be difficult to find the colors that you are after since you are not interested in any of the current season colors)

but if you're only going to get one bal - i would say get the classic city.

I would say go for a classic Bal first so you can get the real feel of how durable and long lasting the Bals are. Part of the fun, I'm learning, is breaking it in and making it your own. With suede, I don't think it will wear as well as the leather over time and you won't appreciate the beauty of years of use like you will the classic bag.

I agree with the other members - get a classic Bal City in leather.
I think leather wears 'better' than suede & esp as you said it will have to last for many years.
Good luck & I hope you find a bag that you....:love:......love!

thanks all for the input!!:yahoo: but i heard from other thread that the suede is more durable than the leather...makes me wonder, hmmm... does anyone has any idea if the suede will be able to broken in like normal bal leather? it will be nice if it does!!

^ suede

I vote for a classic city. I bought one of the NM 10th anniversary bags and I just didn't like the texture of it, because it's treated it just felt weird too me and I ended up returning it. If you want a Raisin RH City I think Aloha Rag may still have them and I think they ship internationally. Just email them at [email protected] and see if they have what your looking for, they'll even send you pics of the bags. I got a Pourpre RH City from them earlier this year and was about to get a Raisin RH City in August but I ended up finding a SGH Raisin City so I went for that instead.

^ suede

I vote for a classic city. I bought one of the NM 10th anniversary bags and I just didn't like the texture of it, because it's treated it just felt weird too me and I ended up returning it. If you want a Raisin RH City I think Aloha Rag may still have them and I think they ship internationally. Just email them at [email protected] and see if they have what your looking for, they'll even send you pics of the bags. I got a Pourpre RH City from them earlier this year and was about to get a Raisin RH City in August but I ended up finding a SGH Raisin City so I went for that instead.

Just to add to pixiejenna's point, if you do end up ordering from aloha rag, make sure you sign up for their membership first, which gives you 3% discount. Shipping is free for high value purchases such as bal bag; but you would be liable to pay for custom and tax if any as they no longer devalue their products on shipping paperwork.

Just to add to pixiejenna's point, if you do end up ordering from aloha rag, make sure you sign up for their membership first, which gives you 3% discount. Shipping is free for high value purchases such as bal bag; but you would be liable to pay for custom and tax if any as they no longer devalue their products on shipping paperwork.

i tried to email ALOHA RAG and raisin city RH is sold out...very sad..raisin is a gorgeous color!