Help me Tpf members! I need your advice on a K

Sweetgurl

O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help for a the Kelly of my life.

As maybe few people know, I scored a barking for my mom, a few days ago.
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-shopping/paris-trip-for-birkin-457159-322.html#post27279024

And I just totally fell in love with the craftsmanship! I know I am dreaming hard but I'm starting to save for the K! But I don't know yet which color or leather to choose.

I know that I want size 32 and a retourné version. For the color, I want something bright but that I'll be able to pull off when I'll be 60!! Hahahha so something not too colorful and easy to match clothes!

For this moment I have my heart set on the malachite color, please see the picture.

Is it last year color? Should I be able to order or find one?

I also love color like red/pink/burgundy (rouge pivoine/rouge H) but would it still be ok later on?
What are your advise? And also the leather you will recommend, I don't want the bag to be too slouchy and veiny!

It will really be my one and only one Kelly so I don't want to make a mistake!

All help are appreciated :smile: thank you in advance! :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:
Hi sweetgurl! Your story from FSH is so touching, your mom is very lucky you are so thoughtful and persevering!
For your first Kelly, I think K32 retourne in togo would be a good choice, it will be stiffer but will likely be veiny but that's the beauty of it. Since you are open to colors and want something bright and long-lasting, I think malachite is a great choice and so is rouge h. They are also year-round colors. I am not sure pink would be good if you are looking for it to be your only Kelly that you will still want to carry decades later.

Thank you macaroon13.

You have the same opinion for the pink color as my mom. She told me I would like it for now but older I won't be using it.

If I take the malachite color it's going to be my first bag in green/blue. So I don't really know if I will really love it!

But I am happy to hear that those color are carried all year over!!! I could still ask to see bright color and put a wish on the malachite one! We never know! 😆

Thank you macaroon13.

You have the same opinion for the pink color as my mom. She told me I would like it for now but older I won't be using it.

If I take the malachite color it's going to be my first bag in green/blue. So I don't really know if I will really love it!

But I am happy to hear that those color are carried all year over!!! I could still ask to see bright color and put a wish on the malachite one! We never know! 😆

Pretty sure malachite is a seasonal colour and may not be offered after this year. But there will be other greens.

Not a big fan of the "certain colours can only be worn by young women" school of thought. A stylish woman can make a lot of things work. Age does not rule out colours. Taste does.

Pretty sure malachite is a seasonal colour and may not be offered after this year. But there will be other greens.

Not a big fan of the "certain colours can only be worn by young women" school of thought. A stylish woman can make a lot of things work. Age does not rule out colours. Taste does.

I agree. I find that as I get older, I tend towards brighter colors for clothes and accessories. Heck, by the time I'm 60, you'll have to wear shades just to be around me!

Sweetgurl, I'd suggest whatever color family that you gravitate towards with your clothing or accessories. Malachite is beautiful but may not be as available. A red bag never goes out of style, so my vote is for Rouge H or Rouge Casaque. Or Raisin if you can find it. Good luck with your search!

Agree with itorresmd! Red is a fantastic neutral and a wonderful pop of color all at the same time. I think it looks great on a Kelly too! Else i don't think you can go wrong with a black with ghw. Beautiful timeless combo.

I love the shades of blue and green which I think Sapphire and Turquoise are beautiful color.
The colors are not so loud and is suitable for all ages.
Togo is quite heavy, do take in mind.

I saw the swatch of malachite last week ...,divine is the word for that color. I am not sure if it's a seasonal color tho. How about etoupe or taupe in epsom leather?

Thank you everyone for sharing with me your thoughts!

I feel the red has many votes too! I never thought about raisin!! But it's looks pretty after a few search online!

I don't want etoupe or grey, since it's not bright enough! I really want to wear it in the summer and winter.

For the leather I want a real one not like Epsom that it's a leather with the grain printed.

I do know that Togo is heavy but wouldn't it be ok because the K can be wear on the shoulder.

Since your heart is set on Malachite, Vert Anglais is new season and it is also very nice.

If red, I would do Rouge Garance which is back in limited quantity. It is a bit nicer than Rouge Casaque in grained leathers. Rouge H is also back, so you can consider that too.

Blue paradis, what a nice name ;) Too jean blue for me.

I do like the red garance, but would it exist in togo? or goat leather?

I should have put a survey!

Malachite and rouge garance are both past season colours and you may be able to fine them via a reseller. Like purselover said, you best bet on the current season is vert Anglais, a very nice deep forest green. Goat leather (chevre) is currently only available via special order.