Help me to decide! LV Deauville or Mulberry Bayswater??

iqaganda

Rica
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
Help! I am torn in between which one to get first.. I found a Brand New Louis Vuitton Deauville and a Mulberry Bayswater that was just used twice.. They are both on my wishlist but I can’t afford to buy both at the same time. Which one should I go first?

Both I have the intention of using as my bag when I travel...

Here’s a photo of the LV Deauville
IMG_6428.JPG

And here’s a photo of the Mulberry Bayswater
IMG_6429.JPG

If the M is made after 2013 I'd look at other options. Mulberry quality has taken a bit of a nose dive after 2013 and they aren't really interested in doing repairs either. They actually charged me money for repairing a bad that was defected etc etc.

Definitely Bayswater. [emoji4] I have several Mulberry bags and haven’t had any issues with them, ever. If the bag is preloved, they of course charge something for repairs, but at least they DO repairs, which is quite rare these days. (Of course LV does too, and that’s not free either I suppose..).

If you're going to use this bag for travel, I would pick the Deauville because it has the rings to add a strap, which may be easier to carry when traveling. It is designed for travel with the organization inside. I would also prefer a bag that has a zipper as opposed to a flap. The Mulberry is pretty, but if it is only handheld , it would annoy me.

Reactions: iqaganda
If you're going to use this bag for travel, I would pick the Deauville because it has the rings to add a strap, which may be easier to carry when traveling. It is designed for travel with the organization inside. I would also prefer a bag that has a zipper as opposed to a flap. The Mulberry is pretty, but if it is only handheld , it would annoy me.
Bayswater handles work for shoulder-carry.

I love the look of the Bayswarer and the now-retired Alexa, but neither bag is very secure. The flap just sorta sits there and its easy for something to fall out, or more likely, someone to reach in and grasp your wallet. I vote for the LV.

Well, I own pre-2016 nvt bayswaters.
And love them.
So, definitely biased.:biggrin:
However, mine were bought new.
Sometimes these "only used a few times" bags have issues from improper storage.
God knows. Or if they got them cheap at outlets.
Resale=crapshoot o' madness.

That lv bag design yucks me out. Sorry.
But everyone's taste differs.:shrugs:

I own lv iena mm. Also bought new.
And carry both it & mulb bays on shoulder.
Both feel plenty secure.

The lv is lighter weight, but scent worries dog.
The mulbs are f***ing beautiful & smell great.
Best luck deciding.:tup:

Bayswater handles work for shoulder-carry.

I love the look of the Bayswarer and the now-retired Alexa, but neither bag is very secure. The flap just sorta sits there and its easy for something to fall out, or more likely, someone to reach in and grasp your wallet. I vote for the LV.
Bayswater handles work for shoulder carry if your arms are thin and if you're not wearing a thick jacket. It limits options if you live in a place that has cold winters.

Reactions: ivdw and iqaganda
If the M is made after 2013 I'd look at other options. Mulberry quality has taken a bit of a nose dive after 2013 and they aren't really interested in doing repairs either. They actually charged me money for repairing a bad that was defected etc etc.

I got curious with your post and checked the receipts of my Mulberry bags - I purchased all of them after 2013 and they are absolutely perfect :smile:
But they are from the Emma Hill era as I am not interested by the the brand’s new designs. Maybe this explains it!

Reactions: iqaganda