Help me to choose earrings

Sabrina1304

Dec 1, 2015
Hi,
I would like to know your opinion which of the following Tiffany Solitaire earrings should I choose:

0.40 carat, F, VVS 2, € 2
or
0.43 carat, E, VVS 2, € 3400
or
0.46 carat, G, VS 1, € 3450

thank you

Last edited:
Thank you. I would like to have slightly larger earrings than the Tiffany Solitaire Studs that I already own. I think mine have 0.31 carat. But they shouldn't be too big either, because the type of earrings don't lie flat on the earlobe. Therefore, up to 0.50 carat would be an option. Given my budget of € 3500, the SA couldn't find any better options, given that I don't want to have earrings in the color I, for example, because I'm color-sensitive. She picked out a pair of earrings for € 3900. These have 0.50 carat, color G and VVS2. That is too much money for me.

In that case, 0.46 carat, G VS-1. It's still in the budget and will be more noticeable size jump than 0.4ct F VVS-2. I'm also color sensitive and I can't detect color in my G dbty necklace.

Hi,
I would like to know your opinion which of the following Tiffany Solitaire earrings should I choose:

0.40 carat, F, VVS 2, € 2
or
0.43 carat, E, VVS 2, € 3400
or
0.46 carat, G, VS 1, € 3450

thank you

I think the 0.46ct are the best here. Of course it depends upon the cut of the diamond.
Which one do you think has the most fire and sparkle?

Unfortunately I have not seen a pair of the earrings myself, because all 3 are not available in my store, but had to be ordered from other stores first. Therefore I would probably have to choose a pair of earrings, which the SA would then order for viewing.

Overall, however, I also tend towards the 0.46 studs, mainly due to the size. The 0.40 studs are probably not much bigger than my 0.31 pair that I already own.

Hi! My opinion is that these will not appear much bigger than your current .31ct.

If you assume all stones are ideal cut which Tiffany does, then your .31ctw is about .15ct each. This means it is 3.3mm in diameter.

The .40ctw is about .2ct each and it will be about 3.75mm in diameter.

The .46ctw is about .23ct each and it will be about 4mm in diameter.

If you had to choose one, I would get the .46ctw. The other is too small in my opinion to spend money to replace something so similar to what you have.

I would wait to find a .50+ctw that is VS2 G or H. You don’t need VVS in earrings. Be patient. Diamonds are always available and trust me, if you tell the SA what you want and she knows you are a serious buyer, she will hunt it down for you! Tiffany boutiques will share pieces across countries. I live in the US, but my SA has found pieces for me in other countries. Maybe when all the stores open up again.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
If it were me and I was trying to size up from the pair you have, I would wait for more choices. I think you can do better for visible size difference. If I were not trying to get a size upgrade I would choose the first pair.

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
The earrings do not have to be larger than 0.50 carat, especially since my ears are very small. So the 0.46 studs for the price are certainly a good thing. They should already be a bit bigger than my 0.31. Back then I bought the 0.31 studs very cheap, so they weren't a bad buy, especially since I wear them very often. I would only wish that they were a little bigger, then they would be perfect.