Help me to choose a jewelry piece, iconic, holding value, between Boucheron, Chanel, Chaumet, Chopard, Dinh Van or Vhernier. No matter what category

Levelero

Jul 31, 2022
Boucheron, Chanel, Chaumet, Chopard, Dinh Van or Vhernier.

Between all them, i must buy some item/s, to have access to buy my wished timepiece.

I am looking for something iconic piece that could hold value rather good to present to my couple (never mind if earings, ring, bracelet, etc…)

Thanks in Advance.

Best,
M

I need to buy something as condition to get the watch i want to buy.

What i will buy will be to present to my girlfriend.

(Sorry for my bad english)
OK. Are there ways to get your watch from somewhere else without this additional spend?

Jewelry sold at retail generally depreciates rather than holds value if you were to liquidate it, including full gold pieces.

Last edited:
I don’t know Dinh Van or Vernier but if it was me I would choose something from either Chopard (for fun pieces) or Chaumet (for elegant pieces). But thats just me :biggrin:.
All designer items are severely overpriced so you will surely loose some money (or a lot) when you sell it again. If budget allows, buy high jewellery rather than the mass produced pieces. based on my ‘research’ by visiting antique jewellery shops where I live :biggrin:, the high jewellery tends to become collectors items years after they were produced so they kinda hold their value. During my ‘research’, I saw Cartier and Tiffany brooches from 1960s being sold at similar price to new ones.

Boucheron, Chanel, Chaumet, Chopard, Dinh Van or Vhernier.

Between all them, i must buy some item/s, to have access to buy my wished timepiece.

I am looking for something iconic piece that could hold value rather good to present to my couple (never mind if earings, ring, bracelet, etc…)

Thanks in Advance.

Best,
M
I believe in Korea, Boucheron is extremely popular, but I confess, I am not a fan personally of their jack line or other simple lnes.
chaumet, chopard, and Vhernier are jewlery lines. Probably Vhernier is the most sophisticated and esoteric; I haven’t seen many people wear it except in Rome. It’s store in NY closed, and it’s only available at Bergdorfs, where it seems to be pushed relatively hard (it’s in the z Bergdorfs windows this summer. needless to say, don’t buy Vhernier to hold value.

i always forgot the difference between Chaumet and chopard, except chopard had that line called happy diamonds in timepieces. Not my thing, but I recall it being popula Some years ago. Chaumet has a bee my love bracelet line that seems stackable; but I don’t think anything stackable holds value like cartier or VCA these days.

chanel jewelry is pretty, and the price point for this type of thing isn’t bad, but it’s flimsy. a chanel watch might hold value, but I’m not sure about fine jewelry. But I do like the line of plume feather bracelets in diamonds.

Dinh Van is sold at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales. Don’t really know much more than that, but don’t think it’s in the running unless you love something. . .JMO

Prespend is required for PP, VC, ALange, AP, and a few other brands, but it’s usually bc coveted timepieces are limited and reserved for current clients of the house. Not sure that I’ve heard of buying another brands jewelry to attain a watch. Howver if an authorized dealer wants you to buy a piece of jewelry, you might want to ask what piece would net you the best price on the watch and make up some money that way. The seller likely just wants to move the jewelry he cannot sell as easily.

perhaps another way to think about it, is try to imagine what piece the recipient of your gift might like.

Last edited:
OK. Are there ways to get your watch from somewhere else without this additional spend?

Jewelry sold at retail generally depreciates rather than holds value if you were to liquidate it, including full gold pieces.
No other ways. Well, yes, secondary market, but for what to go to secondary if i can buy from official retailer, get some jewelry and still buying the watch cheaper than pre owned?

I don’t know Dinh Van or Vernier but if it was me I would choose something from either Chopard (for fun pieces) or Chaumet (for elegant pieces). But thats just me :biggrin:.
All designer items are severely overpriced so you will surely loose some money (or a lot) when you sell it again. If budget allows, buy high jewellery rather than the mass produced pieces. based on my ‘research’ by visiting antique jewellery shops where I live :biggrin:, the high jewellery tends to become collectors items years after they were produced so they kinda hold their value. During my ‘research’, I saw Cartier and Tiffany brooches from 1960s being sold at similar price to new ones.
Thanks for the tips. Will be looking Chopard/Chaumet and may be back if more doubts. Another option is to buy jewelry from the Shop, that is not ‘brand jewelry’, and i guess has better value for money. I am not sure if i can post link from them here.

Boucheron
Thank you! Will be looking, and if any doubt will be back

I believe in Korea, Boucheron is extremely popular, but I confess, I am not a fan personally of their jack line or other simple lnes.
chaumet, chopard, and Vhernier are jewlery lines. Probably Vhernier is the most sophisticated and esoteric; I haven’t seen many people wear it except in Rome. It’s store in NY closed, and it’s only available at Bergdorfs, where it seems to be pushed relatively hard (it’s in the z Bergdorfs windows this summer. needless to say, don’t buy Vhernier to hold value.

i always forgot the difference between Chaumet and chopard, except chopard had that line called happy diamonds in timepieces. Not my thing, but I recall it being popula Some years ago. Chaumet has a bee my love bracelet line that seems stackable; but I don’t think anything stackable holds value like cartier or VCA these days.

chanel jewelry is pretty, and the price point for this type of thing isn’t bad, but it’s flimsy. a chanel watch might hold value, but I’m not sure about fine jewelry. But I do like the line of plume feather bracelets in diamonds.

Dinh Van is sold at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales. Don’t really know much more than that, but don’t think it’s in the running unless you love something. . .JMO

Prespend is required for PP, VC, ALange, AP, and a few other brands, but it’s usually bc coveted timepieces are limited and reserved for current clients of the house. Not sure that I’ve heard of buying another brands jewelry to attain a watch. Howver if an authorized dealer wants you to buy a piece of jewelry, you might want to ask what piece would net you the best price on the watch and make up some money that way. The seller likely just wants to move the jewelry he cannot sell as easily.

perhaps another way to think about it, is try to imagine what piece the recipient of your gift might like.
Thanks for the long message!

Will look the Vhernier and if doubts, will be back. I checked about Chanel, and they do not sell the Plume you mention.. just took my attention some Camelia pendant. But soo expensive for what is it…
This Chopard happy happy i don’t like aswell, if i remember good… and from what you mention of Chaumet(bee love or so) i bought a simple ring already (kind of 1k euro) and well, kind of basic, nice and simple…

About AD telling what better to buy; well, they prefer to sell their own jewelry brand (think i can not post link), but is not a red line to buy from the Brands i mentioned and they do sell. Just need to reach some X spent to kind of justify you are getting a hot model watch from a big queue.

And well, of course, last step is to buy something she will like. She is 25y.o, rather ‘simple’ in tastes… so this point is not that difficult. Just not ‘too pretending’ pieces or ‘too calling attention’ ones.

And another point i did not mention is the sum i should reach (so we exclude high jewelry this time); about 5-8 k euro but can be in one or in several ‘smaller’ pieces.

Thanks again!!

Can you ask your girlfriend which she likes best out of a few options? I think she would treasure the item more if it fits her taste. Even if she is young and “simple in tastes” I am sure that she has preferred styles and colors, even if she does not prefer a brand from the list above. I like several options from these brands, but they range from feminine and colorful to very subtle and geometric. Since you plan to give it as a gift, I would prioritize more what she would treasure for its intrinsic appeal to her vs what is seen as most valuable by others.

Can you ask your girlfriend which she likes best out of a few options? I think she would treasure the item more if it fits her taste. Even if she is young and “simple in tastes” I am sure that she has preferred styles and colors, even if she does not prefer a brand from the list above. I like several options from these brands, but they range from feminine and colorful to very subtle and geometric. Since you plan to give it as a gift, I would prioritize more what she would treasure for its intrinsic appeal to her vs what is seen as most valuable by others.
What you say has a lot of sense. You are right. But as i want it to be a surprise… what i know; she loves not to call much attention, refined, cute, and what i want… if from brand; should be kind of iconic. Maybe is a ‘too simple’ description, but is how i feel about it :smile:

Reactions: nicole0612
What you say has a lot of sense. You are right. But as i want it to be a surprise… what i know; she loves not to call much attention, refined, cute, and what i want… if from brand; should be kind of iconic. Maybe is a ‘too simple’ description, but is how i feel about it :smile:
Does she prefer more feminine styles, industrial/edgy or classic/simple designs in general?

Does she prefer more feminine styles, industrial/edgy or classic/simple designs in general?
Femenin; yes! Classic/simple; yes. Industrial/edgy; no. Oversized; no.

Just as example… she love small diamonds ring (no brand) in white gold hardcore. She loves bee simple pink gold ring from chaumet. She loves simple with gold with emerald ring (no brand).. diamonds earrings in WG (no brand) not much more jewelry in her collection.

CED1E558-2FFF-41FE-8BAA-16847792459C.png

C34B4A71-C252-4F48-9F6E-EBF649BAF021.png

FD4BA4D1-FE49-401C-BCFF-C344D45AE9F8.png

80CFF236-90DC-488C-89A2-9E3E4A23E8BC.png

4466FD50-921E-4A96-BF23-9264FFE810B5.jpeg

Femenin; yes! Classic/simple; yes. Industrial/edgy; no. Oversized; no.

Just as example… she love small diamonds ring (no brand) in white gold hardcore. She loves bee simple pink gold ring from chaumet. She loves simple with gold with emerald ring (no brand).. diamonds earrings in WG (no brand) not much more jewelry in her collection.

View attachment 5583933

View attachment 5583934

View attachment 5583935

View attachment 5583936

View attachment 5583937
One thing to keep in mind is that for the most part jewelry with a recognizable and iconic design will hold more resale value, while it sounds like your girlfriend would prefer something that has a more generic yet beautiful design. For recognizable/iconic- I personally love the Boucheron Boheme line; there are necklace/earrings/bracelet/ring options ranging from all-gold to gemstone to pave diamond. Chaumet has very pretty and subtle options with gemstones that your girlfriend may like. Another item from the bee my love line may be the best choice to accommodate both her preferences/subtlety and recognizable design/resale value, however it is very popular now and I am not sure if it will continue to be so 10 years from now. Geometric jewelry is very in style. She may also like something from the Chaumet Josephine line, it is beautiful and feminine. The Chaumet Liens line is iconic also, but I find it a bit plain; however diamond earrings or a pendant may be a suitable choice, or perhaps a set since they are not very expensive. I adore the Chaumet Hortensia line in diamonds and sapphires (not the bubbly semi-prescious jewel line of the same name), but it is discontinued and very hard to find; it is very feminine but may be too much of a statement for your girlfriend.