Help me style this red midi dress

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm going to a wedding and bought this red and black midi dress from Topshop. I could use some ideas about how to style this dress (shoes, jewelry, bag).

Shoes: I'm imagining black pointed pumps like Manolo BB. I'm ok with tall heels but prefer closed toed shoes.

I have no idea if this dress even needs jewelry. I feel like there's so much dress all the way up to the neck that even dangling earrings would be too much. Any suggestions?

As for bags, I have a clear box clutch that I can use but just want to hear other options.

It's a special wedding and I really want to dress up and put a little extra effort in my outfit :smile:

Help me please! :smile:

Attached Files:

2. You already know what you want for shoes. Small hoop earring or diamond stud with bracelet and a ring, I would do. Clutch or small crossbody-red? or black?

3. Thanks Gerry.
    Gold hoop earrings sound like a good option.

What kind of bracelet?

Strangely, I had not thought of the most obvious colours of red or black for clutch. But you're right. Thanks!

4. #4 Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Great dress!

Agree pointed shoes will be great with the dress. Studs or hoops or other plain geometric piece then a plain clutch in black,red, pink or colour of earrings. Maybe a fine bracelet too if you have a fave piece.

This dress is elegantly stunning and deserves to be the highlight of your outfit. All your other accessories should emphasize the dress.

Maybe also a very fine plain shawl if you need to be covered up for a while in church or outside. Something that folds up really small but not precious incase you leave it behind somewhere.

Editing just saw you have a clear box clutch. Edit its contents so they match the rest of your accessories.

5. Thanks!

Excellent suggestions.
    Especially that reminder about the shawl. I just saw a thin black one yesterday and super affordable. I didn't buy it because I didn't need one, but now I do!

6. I think this dress would look great with a cuff bracelet. If your earrings are simple, the cuff would fit the modern lines of this dress. If you do a shawl, I would not want it to be sheer-it might be too much going on...

7. Definitely some cool, minimal earrings - the dress should be the highlight. You don't want the focus to be taken away by dizzy accessories. I wouldn't match the dress with a red or black clutch, it would seem too matchy. Perhaps a nude clutch and strap sandals?

8. Good advice, and I like off shoulder style.

9. I think pointed black pumps would be great. You could combine them with a black Alexander McQueen type clutch, with details in gold. I would also wear simple diamond studs, a bracelet and a watch as for jewelry, and definitely opt for everything in gold.