Help me stop my handbag obsession

I have spent the last year collecting -- and bought (10!) bags and I've calmed down now. (See my other thread, "I'm done now.") Now I'm interested in the chase, the hunt, the sales, the bargain. And I do think being in my 50's that a killer fabulous handbag is an important power accessory. "I may not be as thin, gorgeous, unwrinkled, slim as you...but I have a better handbag!"

I have spent the last year collecting -- and bought (10!) bags and I've calmed down now. (See my other thread, "I'm done now.") Now I'm interested in the chase, the hunt, the sales, the bargain. And I do think being in my 50's that a killer fabulous handbag is an important power accessory. "I may not be as thin, gorgeous, unwrinkled, slim as you...but I have a better handbag!"

-LOL. that's me, too! I am 50, not as thin as I used to be, can't wear the sexy high shoes any more, and many of the chic clothes don't come in my size, but a fabulous handbag always fits ;o)

Actually, I can tell you one little bit of advice that usually works for me, and it is pretty simple....live by the "one day" rule. Instead of immediately purchasing something that you simply can't live without, wait just "one day". If you feel the same way as you did when you immediately saw the item you had to have, then you at least had time to weigh the pros and cons before jumping right in and buying it right away. It works for me and has stopped me from making some very rash decisions about things I really didn't need. It's only one day.

I used the one day rule too - I started with a 3-day rule first, and then I find that the bags I ususally like fly off the shelves before I know it, so I compressed it down do a 1-day rule hahaha

But yes TropicalGal, I don't think we are very helpful here to stop you from getting a bag - we are all great encouragers! :roflmfao: