Help me spend some money!!

Bohochicfille

Apr 13, 2015
Hi everyone
I have about a 1000 pounds which is around 1500 dollars to spend. I think the amount is too small to buy something good. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can get with that amount? Thanks

Hi everyone

I have about a 1000 pounds which is around 1500 dollars to spend. I think the amount is too small to buy something good. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can get with that amount? Thanks

I'm not sure how much the vca sweets are at this time but I would go with that collection. I don't like the dbty at that price point personally. I do like the Tiffany atlas and would recommend that instead.

Hi everyone

I know brands have an allure but does it have to be? For this budget you can get more in terms of stone, if that's your thing, going to say family jewellers. If you're in England, the Birmingham jewellery quarter is amazing.

I had the same budget a few months ago when I went to the US and couldn't find any brand items that seemed worth it at that price because I was looking for bigger stones. I bought a terrific piece from an independent jeweller in Martha's Vineyard by chance.

If you want a branded piece I would buy either a classic Elsa Peretti piece or key from Tiffany.

I would also look at estate pieces (branded and non-branded). You may find something unique.

Personally I think you should go to some different jewelry stores (brand or non-brand) or at least look around online, and see what appeals to you. At least figure out if you are looking for a necklace vs. bracelet vs. earrings vs. ring, what metal you prefer, what style of jewelry you like, if you want a gemstone and if so what type. Why buy jewelry just to buy it, if you don't see anything you love right now you will later, you can always save up some more money in the meantime too :heart:

Hi everyone

Tiffany might hold its value nevertheless they are totally overpriced imo.
If you want to buy something as an investment, simply buy a diamond but mind the 4 Cs, better go for best color and best clarity than for carat. Mind that once the diamond is set it looses its value. Have a short trip to Amsterdam;)
If you want to buy something that holds its value and is not totally overpriced you might want to look for second hand jewelery.
Living in Europe (at least I gues you are doing) I'd recommend Pomellato, they seem to be interesting for buyers, even second handed.
We are not that as interested in VCA over here, better go with Bulgari oder Cartier if you want to buy something that has a brand on it.