Help me spend $2k at Saks

kvg323

Apr 15, 2013
I got a $2k gift card to Saks, and am not sure what to buy. I want to get one or two really special pieces rather than several sweaters.

I have a feminine, conservative style and am very careful with my money. I want to be sure that whatever I buy stays in style for a long time, doesn't go on promotion and ideally has some resale value. Can you please share some ideas? I'd like to buy something to use in the next couple of months, but if I can't decide I can use it as a downpayment for my next Chanel.

- Jewelry? Am leaning towards buying an 18k gold piece, like David Yurman but not sure if his gold pieces hold value. Also saw a Cartier ring which looked nice.

- Bags? Chanel is my favorite, but $2k doesn't get me very far. I like other designers such as Fendi and Chloe but their bags have lower resale value so I might as well just buy them pre-loved. I do not like LV or Goyard canvas bags.

- Shoes? I know there is no resale value here .. but am open. Considering Roger Vivier, Gucci loafers or maybe Stuart Weitzman Over the Knee boots.

- Coats? I have a Moncler and Burberry trench already, considering a leather jacket but might want to wait for a sale on that one.

Thanks again for listening :smile:

I got a $2k gift card to Saks, and am not sure what to buy. I want to get one or two really special pieces rather than several sweaters.

I have a feminine, conservative style and am very careful with my money. I want to be sure that whatever I buy stays in style for a long time, doesn't go on promotion and ideally has some resale value. Can you please share some ideas? I'd like to buy something to use in the next couple of months, but if I can't decide I can use it as a downpayment for my next Chanel.

- Jewelry? Am leaning towards buying an 18k gold piece, like David Yurman but not sure if his gold pieces hold value. Also saw a Cartier ring which looked nice.

- Bags? Chanel is my favorite, but $2k doesn't get me very far. I like other designers such as Fendi and Chloe but their bags have lower resale value so I might as well just buy them pre-loved. I do not like LV or Goyard canvas bags.

- Shoes? I know there is no resale value here .. but am open. Considering Roger Vivier, Gucci loafers or maybe Stuart Weitzman Over the Knee boots.

- Coats? I have a Moncler and Burberry trench already, considering a leather jacket but might want to wait for a sale on that one.

Thanks again for listening :smile:

My first thought was a Cartier item, before I even read your options. Though I believe you have only a couple of weeks before Cartier leaves Saks. You could go a long way towards buying a wallet on chain from Chanel, or you could buy a combo of SLG, like a wallet and O-Case. You could also treat yourself to a small item of designer ready to wear clothing that you have always wanted, like a top or knitwear. A pair or two of nice shoes is another good option, perhaps Chanel slingbacks or ballerinas, since they are very hard to find on sale.

Reactions: kvg323
My first thought was a Cartier item, before I even read your options. Though I believe you have only a couple of weeks before Cartier leaves Saks. You could go a long way towards buying a wallet on chain from Chanel, or you could buy a combo of SLG, like a wallet and O-Case. You could also treat yourself to a small item of designer ready to wear clothing that you have always wanted, like a top or knitwear. A pair or two of nice shoes is another good option, perhaps Chanel slingbacks or ballerinas, since they are very hard to find on sale.

Great ideas - thank you so much!!

Cartier is leaving Saks??? I had no idea, thanks for letting me know - will definitely make it my mission to go there soon. A wallet on a chain is a fun idea, or some more Chanel costume jewelry. I like the Chanel slingbacks - but think they are best for someone who has a more casual style. They look great with jeans, but I normally wear pencil skirts and shift dresses to work and need a higher heel.

Reactions: nicole0612
Great ideas - thank you so much!!

Cartier is leaving Saks??? I had no idea, thanks for letting me know - will definitely make it my mission to go there soon. A wallet on a chain is a fun idea, or some more Chanel costume jewelry. I like the Chanel slingbacks - but think they are best for someone who has a more casual style. They look great with jeans, but I normally wear pencil skirts and shift dresses to work and need a higher heel.

You’re welcome! Please post back once you have made your purchases :smile: I’m looking forward to seeing what you decide on.

If I were you, I'd use the 2k on some small leather goods from a designer you love. Sturdy wallets, matching key pouch, and cosmetics case can last you a long time. I recently purchased 2k worth of Louis Vuitton SLGs which I know I will use for at least a decade.

Or I am going to suggest a small bag that totes all your essentials, so you can run around hands free while you go about your daily errands. I've been eyeing the Gucci Disco handbag. Or YSL camera bag is really cute.

2k won't go far with Chanel or Cartier. But can be quite useful to give you some goods that you will use daily. Just my 2 cents. Do go window shopping, something will enable you very soon. :smile::smile::smile:

Balmain blazer? Loro Piana cashmere? Burberry cashmere coat? I’ve been eyeing this Burberry coat myself
IMG_3227.jpg

$2k would get you a wallet on chain at Chanel, or a good portion of a mini flap bag, it wouldn’t go far with bigger bags. Chanel comes out with an orangey red, pink, and blue for cruise (comes out November, check the chanel sub!).

Reactions: anitalilac