Help me spend 15k- first VCA pieces

pinkprashu

O.G.
Jan 18, 2012
Ladies, I have been wanting to own VCA for a long time...i wear a lot of jewelry on a daily basis so looking for wearable pieces. I don't like the sweets but love vintage alhambra and perlee.

Thinking about getting a 10 motif onyx or yellow gold. May be earrings and a ring. I don't like to match all the time so I am confused as to what to get.

Help me out. What would you do?

Congratulations on starting your VCA adventure!!

I would say go and try them both on and see what resonates with you, and what compliments your wardrobe and your complexion. TAKE PHOTOS!! and go home and look at the photos this will help tremendously. Personally I think both choices are great. For necklace choices for your 10 motif: I love the YG as it is carefree - being all gold it is easy to wear with less concern about scratches, smudges on stones, getting wet, etc.... The onyx is a strong stone but I feel it picks up smudges more and like all semi precious stones, you need to be more careful with perfumes, oils, getting wet, etc.... Maybe someone with onyx can chime in on the wearability of it.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you coconuts40. I did try a lot of pieces and seem to gravitate towards the onyx more. Although yellow gold looks great on me too. I am tan and from India. I like the idea of buying 2 10 motif. One onyx and the gold to wear them together. Anyone who wears them both together?

Reactions: same99
Thank you coconuts40. I did try a lot of pieces and seem to gravitate towards the onyx more. Although yellow gold looks great on me too. I am tan and from India. I like the idea of buying 2 10 motif. One onyx and the gold to wear them together. Anyone who wears them both together?
I have the onyx and find that I reach for it often.
Layering the onyx with yg is a beautiful option and will be a lovely compliment for your coloring.
White mop is the quintessential classic and will also pop with your tan skin. If you porchass two 10’s you can wear them long, short, or wrap them around your wrist for a fabulous bracelet.

I love the solid yg, it's the first creation within the vintage alhambra line and it goes with everything. Unless you really like the look of 2x10's, I would opt for a 10 and a 5 motif, so you have the option of a necklace and a bracelet and if you attach them both, you get a longer necklace at 15 and if you really want to wear it like a 20, you can buy extension to clip on for extra length. With the remaining funds, you could opt for the perlee signature ring. Or you could take a look at the frivole earrings (absolutely adore them, as many other ladies do too), they also pair very beautiful and whimsically with the va necklaces.

Thank you for your suggestions. I went ahead and increased my budget and placed an order online for a 10 motif gold and 10 motif onyx necklaces and onyx ear rings.

Apparently, the online orders need to be approved so I am not sure why that is the case so they may be shipped today once approved.

Did you get the regular onyx earrings or the LE?

I buy all malachite as my stone. My first piece was the 20 motif malachite vintage alhambra. I've also bought the Magic pendant. I bought the all yellow gold 5 motif bracelet because I think it goes with everything and pairs nicely with a yellow gold Cartier love bracelet. I'd buy the all yellow gold 10 motif, I think it goes with everything.

Reactions: Violet Bleu
I buy all malachite as my stone. My first piece was the 20 motif malachite vintage alhambra. I've also bought the Magic pendant. I bought the all yellow gold 5 motif bracelet because I think it goes with everything and pairs nicely with a yellow gold Cartier love bracelet. I'd buy the all yellow gold 10 motif, I think it goes with everything.
Thank you dbling. I am pretty sure I will buy a 5 motif bracelet in onyx like in a week. I don't see many tpf'ers own vintage alahambra earrings or earrings in general. I wonder why? Is it because the 5 motif bracelet is roughly the same cost as the earrings?

Thank you dbling. I am pretty sure I will buy a 5 motif bracelet in onyx like in a week. I don't see many tpf'ers own vintage alahambra earrings or earrings in general. I wonder why? Is it because the 5 motif bracelet is roughly the same cost as the earrings?
Actually many of us own the vintage Alhambra earrings.....in regular stones as well as pave. :smile:
Same applies for the other earring styles.

Actually many of us own the vintage Alhambra earrings.....in regular stones as well as pave. [emoji2]
Same applies for the other earring styles.
That's great. I am a first timer and loved how the earrings looked on me when I tried them but was wondering from a value point of view if they made sense. 2 motif for roughly the same price as 5 motif.

That's great. I am a first timer and loved how the earrings looked on me when I tried them but was wondering from a value point of view if they made sense. 2 motif for roughly the same price as 5 motif.
You can never justify value from counting motifs.
This is what I was told at least.
For many, the bracelet is an entry piece. It all depends on what you enjoy wearing but I’m never without earrings so I get value from having them.
While i have a fairly extensive VCA collection, I have never purchased a 5 motif bracelet, preferring the solid perlee bangles. If I had one I would likely use it as an extender.
It really just goes to show that you should just collect what you love and will wear the most often.

I love my Vintage earrings and have them in both Malachita and Onyx as well as a couple of Sweets. My earrings are actually my most loved VCA pieces. Sometimes I don’t feel like wearing a VCA Pendant, but I always have on a pair of VCA earrings even if I’m wearing other pendants.

Personally, I haven’t added any bracelets from VCA yet as I have pretty full stacks.

Buy what fits your personal style. Try not to think in terms of “value” or you may buy something that doesn’t make your heart sing.

I love my Vintage earrings and have them in both Malachita and Onyx as well as a couple of Sweets. My earrings are actually my most loved VCA pieces. Sometimes I don’t feel like wearing a VCA Pendant, but I always have on a pair of VCA earrings even if I’m wearing other pendants.

Personally, I haven’t added any bracelets from VCA yet as I have pretty full stacks.

Buy what fits your personal style. Try not to think in terms of “value” or you may buy something that doesn’t make your heart sing.
I agree. Thats why I ordered the earrings. Hopefully I will not regret it.