Help me save vintage papillon! Eeek!

MrsBB814

Jun 19, 2018
First off, hello! I am new, so I apologize if there’s a post about this, as I searched for bandeau/ twilly on neverfull straps and didn’t find what I was looking for. So, I have a papillon that is in great shape, canvas wise and it has a lot of sentimental value, so trading or chunking the bag is not an option.. plus, she’s a fun little bag!
Anyway, my golden doodle chewed my strap handles (and I took to a local cobbler (as I didn’t think LV would fix a bag I didn’t purchase firsthand from them) and he “fixed” the bag. the original chewed strap and he did the other strap as well to make length match... BUT he didn’t at the same place in the other handle. It’s a hot mess... since LV probably won’t fix it now for sure, I need to know if using a twilly/ bandeau is going to look ridiculous on this bag? I can’t find ANY pictures of bandeaus used on skinny straps like these or how I’d go about tying them?
I thought about pulling the thread the cobbler used and saying my dog just ate the bag.. and hoping LV May fix it, but I def don’t have the (probably $400) to fix it right now as this month alone I’ve bought a speedy and a cutie looping GM. I do realize I can get another papillon for cheap..but I want to keep this one for sentimental reasons. Anyone point me to a thread or find a pic of twilly on papillon straps??

Attachments

• C31514AE-8234-4D7B-B9A2-F91628B18D0B.jpeg
    C31514AE-8234-4D7B-B9A2-F91628B18D0B.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 541
If you really want to save this bag, save money over the next few months and take your bag to the boutique. Ask for all the leather to be replaced and you will have a bag in brand-new condition.

Reactions: Kathleen37
If you really want to save this bag, save money over the next few months and take your bag to the boutique. Ask for all the leather to be replaced and you will have a bag in brand-new condition.
The LV boutique? What boutique are you talking about? I’ve heard now that the bag handles have been stitched that LV won’t fix it?

The LV boutique? What boutique are you talking about? I’ve heard now that the bag handles have been stitched that LV won’t fix it?
They can refuse the bag if it is not repaired by LV, it is just up to the person you speak to in the store.
Personally, if they would accept the bag for repair I would go that road and change all the leather on it even though it might be more expensive than covering the handles.

Reactions: JadaStormy
Of course when you take it to LV don't say anything about the outside repair! Just say you want to get the vachetta replaced and they'll give you a quote and send it off (hopefully). Based on the pics I don't think it's immediately obvious that it had an outside repair, so LV might fix it.

Reactions: fabuleux