Help me restore my mini lin speedy!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone have any ideas on how I could restore a mini lin speedy that has faded? It was clearly sat in the sun for way too long and now parts of the bag are very faded. I was thinking maying some sort of fabric dye?? It really cant get much worse than it is. :P Thanks

2. I wish someone could help answer this. I went to get a wax yesterday and the beautician, wanting to be nice, handed me my mini lin purse (a saumur). She had wax on her fingers though and there was a small wax stain on the bag. I went home, used "wax away" on it and some water. Now my purse is slightly faded in that area (you can't see it from all angles but it's THERE).

Any suggestions on restoring it would be great.

3. Would it be a bad idea to rub the rest of the bag with a wet cloth so the overall color fades to match the stain?
    I'm SOOOOOO tempted to do that. Just not sure it would fade evenly.

I hate my first world problems.

4. I wish they would too. :P I guess its not such a common issue. The only thing I could think of is maybe fabric dye, esp for your little issue. The only reason I dont want to do it on mine is because its a larger area, however I still might try! Cant look worse than it is now!

I dont think rubbing it with a damp cloth will make it fad. If its a small stain I wouldnt try and make the rest of the bag match, but the other way around. :biggrin:

5. no dont wet