HELP me remove the electronic sensor!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
    argh! do i have to go back to the store to get it removed? I am so mad! I was just there tonight too, but somehow during the month of having this dress I never noticed that it was still attached. now after googling, i have learned that some sensors have ink in them! ah! so mad!

2. I hate when this happens. It happened to me once when I got some jeans for my little niece, I want to know though how the alarm doesnt go off?? I dont know how to revome it. I'd take it back to the store and ask them to do it. I am pretty anal and now I always make sure they take it off and check for holes in the clothes, if the hole is to big or noticible I'd take another piece.

3. Just take it back to the store.
    I've had a few things that still had the sensor on once I got home but just take it back with the receipt and they'll remove it. The sooner you take it back, the better.

4. I have a tank top that still has a sensor in it. Man, I need to take that thing back... lol

5. One time I bought a dress and they have two stores along the same street. Apparently they use two types of tags and they couldn't take the tag off instore, so I had to walk all the way down to the other store to get it taken off. The alarm didn't even go off when I left/ entered the stores...I just don't get it. So frustrating. Definitely don't force the tag off, take it back - a much safer option than breaking it and spilling the ink.

6. :yes:
    one time, it happened to me buying at an outlet mall in a different state. i had to turn around and drive 30 min back to do it....not worth ripping your garment.

7. This has happened to me, a LOT. I don't get how it doesn't beep when I leave, but it'll beep when I re-enter! Arg!

8. I once managed to get the tag removed at a completely different store because the tags were the same, thank goodness for that! (it was a special sale where the brand that wasn't usually available in my city 'came to town' once, and after they left I noticed the tag was still on...)

9. As far as I know the sensors that have ink, are marked that they have ink. Otherwise I would just take it back to the store and have them remove it, rather than trying to remove it yourself and damaging the dress.

10. if you dont want to take it back, i hear wrapping a rubber band around it a bunch of times will pop it off. never tried it myself though.

11. Apparently JC Penny's has a flat sensor-remover that can do just about any sensor. So I've heard.

I've gotten a skirt from an online store with a sensor and I didn't want to return it and risk not being able to rebuy it because I got an AWESOME deal. The sensor was on a seam so I ended up undoing the seam, pulling out the sensor and then sewing it back up, and it looked like it had never been there.

I can also tell you what doesn't work. Beating it with a hammer does nothing but possibly damage the garment. I don't recommend it.

12. Dang! That's a lot of work! Glad you were able to do it though. I would brought it along everytime I went shopping, hoping that another store would be able to take it off.

13. One time I had Nordie's in Sacramento, CA charge-send me a Balenciaga handbag. It came with the SENSOR on! I could drive 90 miles to get it taken off ! But, it was a sensor that looked a bit like a bicycle lock, with a U-shaped part put through a metal ring on the bag. Thank goodness I had a pair of wire-cutters(big ones!) which was needed to cut it off!

14. I brought it along every time I went shopping, but no one could take it off. It was a $1k Alexander McQueen silk and tulle mermaid skirt and I got an AMAZING deal. By the time I finally got the sensor off I was so sick of the skirt I eventually sold it.

15. I had driven down to Seattle from Vancouver with my DH and bought a pair of Paige Jeans from Nordstrom. Once we got all the way home to Vancouver (almost 3 1/2 hours later), I noticed that they had left the sensor on my jeans. What could I do? Drive another 7 hours to get it removed? I was SO upset I almost started crying. My DH (such a sweetie!) spent almost 2 hours trying to break the damn thing and get it off my jeans! He finally succeeded although it did leave a small hole where the tag was attached on the inner pocket lining. Luckily, this was in a spot that is invisible and did not ruin the jean and I was lucky that the sensor did not have ink in it! If you are close to the store, I would go back and get them to remove it as you could cause major damage to an item as delicate as a dress if you try to do it yourself.