Help me remove heat stamp from my HG!!! ::Photo::

AStarN20Pearls

Why not? Indulge.
O.G.
Dec 23, 2007
I'm the type that usually wants others to co-sign my purchases. For years, I've drooled over the multicolore line but never made the purchase because all of my friends said it looked 'Canal Street'/fake. One day, I went into the LV store alone and tried on the Speedy 30 and hated it! Then, I put the 40 on my forearm and it was LVoe!!!!!

I've searched the *bay* for this bag for a complete year. I wasn't prepared to drop $2890 plus tax for my HG. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this bag listed at $1550. I sent the seller an offer of $1200 and was completely floored when she changed the Buy it Now price. I figured, "It must be meant to be."

Upon receipt, I noticed that the back of the hang tag has the initial NEK in gold. :sad: LV says they can't/won't remove it but that the gold will fade over time. Are there any suggestions to speed up the process and/or cover this up? I can't be the only one that's purchased a pre-LVoed goody with someone else's initial tagged on the piece.

Here she is, riding shot gun:

photo_zpsed6e2f84.jpg

Gorgeous MC speedy!! It would not bother me at all that it was someone else's initials, id use it, but I agree if it bothers you to either take it off the speedy or get a new clochette......

I'm the type that usually wants others to co-sign my purchases. For years, I've drooled over the multicolore line but never made the purchase because all of my friends said it looked 'Canal Street'/fake. One day, I went into the LV store alone and tried on the Speedy 30 and hated it! Then, I put the 40 on my forearm and it was LVoe!!!!!

I've searched the *bay* for this bag for a complete year. I wasn't prepared to drop $2890 plus tax for my HG. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this bag listed at $1550. I sent the seller an offer of $1200 and was completely floored when she changed the Buy it Now price. I figured, "It must be meant to be."

Upon receipt, I noticed that the back of the hang tag has the initial NEK in gold. :sad: LV says they can't/won't remove it but that the gold will fade over time. Are there any suggestions to speed up the process and/or cover this up? I can't be the only one that's purchased a pre-LVoed goody with someone else's initial tagged on the piece.

photo_zpsed6e2f84.jpg

very pretty bag.

Gorgeous MC speedy!! It would not bother me at all that it was someone else's initials, id use it, but I agree if it bothers you to either take it off the speedy or get a new clochette......

I've been carrying it as is. But, for some reason when I lay the bag down the clochette always turns to the other side. I'm just waiting for someone to ask me "So, who's NEK?" I thought about saying it's a reminded to exercise Never Ending Kindness. :roflmfao:

very pretty bag.

Gorgeous bag. You got a really great deal. :smile:

Thank you ladies. I think this is one of the love it or hate it LVs. Since the majority of my wardrobe is black, it's a winner for me. Thanks a bunch.

I've been carrying it as is. But, for some reason when I lay the bag down the clochette always turns to the other side. I'm just waiting for someone to ask me "So, who's NEK?" I thought about saying it's a reminded to exercise Never Ending Kindness. :roflmfao:

I like that idea! I remember another TPFer bought a mon mono NF and we all came up with saying for the initials...you can always get another clochette as a backup ......I am kicking myself for selling my noir MC speedy, miss it tons!

AStarN20Pearls said:

Ditto, get another clochette and have yours inscribed, if you remove the foil...the imprint would still be there anyway. You can always expedite the patina process with LMB or some other leather conditioner, bright light or sun

Thank you ladies. I think this is one of the love it or hate it LVs. Since the majority of my wardrobe is black, it's a winner for me. Thanks a bunch.

this line brings out strong opinions, that's for sure. you're absolutely right, you either love it or hate it.

i fell in love with the white MC Speedy when it first came out but 1. couldn't spend that much on a bag and 2. i couldn't get past the whole Jessica Simpson connection in my head (from the MTV show she did with then husband Nick called "Newlyweds". she was a total ditz). i finally bit the bullet about a year and a half ago and bought a preloved one that looked like new and i've never regretted it. many people think this line is out-dated - i still love mine dearly and carry it with happiness and pride. their are also a lot of opinions about the Multicolor line being "too young" looking - i'll be 50 my next birthday and think i rock mine;)

enjoy your new treasure. you lusted over, searched and found it ... now have fun.