Help me - Q about Color + Leather

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
Does anyone know if gold and graphite ever came in chevre, whether as a normal order, or by SO?

I tried looking in the Ref Library but under the different chevre types there is no record of either color, so I'm wondering if it has ever existed?

Is there any other leather that is classified as "goat skin" ? I've always thought goat skin was chevre, but is there any other official H leather names that might also be known as goat skin?

Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Only thing I can think of is: mysore and coromandel (cdc).

I :heart::love::heart::love:chevre! I think I will only look at bags that are in chevre from now on. :smile:

I thought the same as you, anin :biggrin:
I've always associated goat skin with chevre so I was a little stumped when I came across gold and graphite in goat skin, since I have never heard of them in that leather before.

Hoping someone else might be able to confirm this!

Glad to help ladies!

I only have a vision (I use as a checkbook cover) and 1 HAC in rouge vif. I adore the sheen and the textured but smooth hand. It's pretty scratch resistant. My checkbook cover is about 2 yrs old and there's no dings or dents at all.

Does anyone know if gold and graphite ever came in chevre, whether as a normal order, or by SO?

I tried looking in the Ref Library but under the different chevre types there is no record of either color, so I'm wondering if it has ever existed?

Is there any other leather that is classified as "goat skin" ? I've always thought goat skin was chevre, but is there any other official H leather names that might also be known as goat skin?

Thanks in advance! :flowers:

wasn't costa's recent SO a graphite chevre with rose shocking interior? try searching costa and graphite...

eta: whoops, it's ardoise:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/two-years-later-reveal-503518-4.html#post12328278

Last edited:
py & an,

I believe "chevre" means "goat," so you're both correct.

Coromandel, Mysore denote the locale from which the hides are taken. Coro is very glossy and has lots of texture; it almost looks like wet-look lip gloss. Mysore and Mangalore are less shiny, and the grain is flatter than Coro, with Mangalore being more smooth than Mysore. Mysore has more body(stiffness) while Mangalore is softer, much more pliable/floppy.

I don't recall having seen Chevre in gold (in fact, IMO, not the best color for chevre, which I think really pops in bright colors or rich deep dark colors) or in graphite.

I don't recall seeing Gold chevre (has anyone seen Gold mysore accessories?) Ditto for Graphite either. I have however seen Cognac CDC, which closely resembles and can be mistaken for Gold.

py & an,

I believe "chevre" means "goat," so you're both correct.

Coromandel, Mysore denote the locale from which the hides are taken. Coro is very glossy and has lots of texture; it almost looks like wet-look lip gloss. Mysore and Mangalore are less shiny, and the grain is flatter than Coro, with Mangalore being more smooth than Mysore. Mysore has more body(stiffness) while Mangalore is softer, much more pliable/floppy.

I don't recall having seen Chevre in gold (in fact, IMO, not the best color for chevre, which I think really pops in bright colors or rich deep dark colors) or in graphite.

Thanks Sac-A-Main!

I never knew Coro was glossier - I only know to look out for the spine in CDC :biggrin:

I don't recall seeing Gold chevre (has anyone seen Gold mysore accessories?) Ditto for Graphite either. I have however seen Cognac CDC, which closely resembles and can be mistaken for Gold.

Thanks dear! :flowers:

Do you know what's the difference between cognac and gold? I have never seen cognac ...

there was Gold available in Chevre de Coromondel. Mysore came in Ardoise. As others have said there is Chevre de Coromondel (thick shiny and dense with large veining), Chevre Mysore (tiny veining, thin and semi shiny) and Chevre mangalore (shiny, veiny and thinner and flexible)