Help me prepare for my quality complaint meeting at LV this morning!

Wow, this is great information. Being a new LV lover and having all of my bags be pre-loved, it now makes me know I made the right decision going the pre-loved route instead of purchasing new.

Yup sometimes preloved is better than brandnew..LVs made years ago are really better quality wise...you just have to be sure of the authenticity of the item before purchasing...im glad we have tpf for that...

I'm sorry that nothing was done for you other than cleaning your lock. I think you have a great attitude about this. Thank you for posting the information about the different hardware on different bags. I was unaware of this.
Thank you for your kind words! And you're welcome for the info. I was already in the store, and eager to research this further. I'm glad that it was helpful. Sharing is caring...:smile:

Using cheaper hardware for the less expensive bags is what I suspected, too. But those bags are not even that affordable anymore (were they ever?). I am saying this because I have a neverfull and a more expensive canvas bag, the estrela. The hardware is so much nicer on the estrela. And it seems they have really tried to cut corners with the DE Speedy B. That's just sad.

They must also be using cheaper glazing for the DE coated leather, at least for the lower priced bags. So many complaints now that the trim at the top of the neverfull splits, rubs off, etc..
I hear you. Maybe their goal with Speedy B was only to satisfy people's desire to have a strap on their bag? That said, I think that LV missed an opportunity to take the Speedy B to the next level by outfitting her with better hardware. Just sayin'.

I am sorry it was not the out come you wanted.

I have been saying in my short experience with LV that it is apparent they price bags per quality and style. So yes the more you pay the better quality the canvas, interior and hardware is. Just like anything else really.

I will say I do have a Speedy DE which is about a year and a half old and she does still look brand new. My two year old Mono Speedy looks good too with a nice patina. My hardware is not chipped and there are things you can do to polish the hardware but I have not had to do that yet. Problems vary I think because not everyone has the same issues. I know we expect perfection but the sad reality is nothing is perfect. Sorry again.

Enjoy your bag dear.

Be Blessed MoNikki
Love your insights and feedback, so thanks for sharing! I'm fine, and it's all good. My LV wishlist is a short one. I have the fever for the flavor of timeless classics. :graucho:

Try getting a jewelry cloth and buffing it.

Brass does tarnish but it's very easy to clean & restore it's shine.
Will do. Thanks for the tip!

Wow, this is great information. Being a new LV lover and having all of my bags be pre-loved, it now makes me know I made the right decision going the pre-loved route instead of purchasing new.
This forum has been good to me, so I am happy to share.
Different strokes for different folks, with regard to new vs. pre-loved. I understand where you are coming from. Congrats on your finds!

Yup sometimes preloved is better than brandnew..LVs made years ago are really better quality wise...you just have to be sure of the authenticity of the item before purchasing...im glad we have tpf for that...
Whether you are on "Team Pre-Loved" or "Team New," it pays to do your research. And you're right. They don't make 'em like they used to, which is true of sooooo many other industries as well.

Thanks, everyone! And VIVA TPF!!! :tpfrox:

Can anybody tell me on what year does the quality of their bags start to deteriorate?

I think that it depends on the bag and the individual. There are some real issues out there; however, it's subjective at the same time. I can only speak about my experience.

For example, as I mentioned, my DE Speedy B 30 turns 1 on the 25th of this month. I don't carry this bag daily, and I am meticulous about caring for my bags (wipe 'em down, store them in dustbags, no floor placement, try to avoid bumping into objects, etc.). I have since discovered that the hardware on my bag is not the same that you would get on, say, a Trevi. So, I know that I will get some tarnishing on my hardware over time, which I will have to address by polishing, etc. And, try as I may, to be uber-careful with my bag, there is always the possibility of a scratch, ding, rub, etc.

Overall, my almost-1-year-old-bag is in excellent shape. The hardware difference, slight tarnishing, coupled with horror stories here and my OCD had me freaking out about the future. Not a good look...:nogood:

I think the key is to do your research, know the bag's "personality" and tendencies, make the best decision possible under the circumstances, and move forward.

Hope this helps!

I think that it depends on the bag and the individual. There are some real issues out there; however, it's subjective at the same time. I can only speak about my experience.

For example, as I mentioned, my DE Speedy B 30 turns 1 on the 25th of this month. I don't carry this bag daily, and I am meticulous about caring for my bags (wipe 'em down, store them in dustbags, no floor placement, try to avoid bumping into objects, etc.). I have since discovered that the hardware on my bag is not the same that you would get on, say, a Trevi. So, I know that I will get some tarnishing on my hardware over time, which I will have to address by polishing, etc. And, try as I may, to be uber-careful with my bag, there is always the possibility of a scratch, ding, rub, etc.

Overall, my almost-1-year-old-bag is in excellent shape. The hardware difference, slight tarnishing, coupled with horror stories here and my OCD had me freaking out about the future. Not a good look...:nogood:

I think the key is to do your research, know the bag's "personality" and tendencies, make the best decision possible under the circumstances, and move forward.

Hope this helps!

When I first started coming to tpf in 2011 I heard it was 2005 or 2006. But it seems things have really taken a nosedive in the past couple of years.

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it, I only have pre loved LV's, I want to buy a good quality pre loved purses. I am definitely doing my research.

Wow, really interesting to learn about the quality being different depending on price points, it's got me more vigilant as I am a new collector to LV. I will be sure to be more vigilant :wtf:

That said, even if a bag has wear I find it's characteristic and most often only noticeable to you and not that obvious from far. I know it still matters because it's your bag after all, but think of it as developing some history. :smile: