Help Me Please!!!

Inclined to agree with those who think that a Bal bag is not suitable for a schoolbag. When I was at school my bag was thrown on the floor, bus, playing field etc. I can't imagine what a beautiful Bal bag would look like after that kind of treatment! But that's just me - maybe girls are more careful now.

I agree - no Bals for carrying heavy books and school stuff. If you really need a designer bag for school, go for a LV canvas or Prada nylon bag. Otherwise use a regular backpack and treat yourself to a Bal shoulder or giant hip back for the weekends (maybe as a graduation incentive :graucho:).

Guess I'm in the minority to say I don't think a Bal is suitable as a schoolbag.

Given the amount of stuff that you intend to carry, the handles will really dig into your shoulder, making it really uncomfortable. Unless you intend to just hand carry it by the handles or carry it on your forearm, which basically makes it inconvenient as a schoolbag.

I find that when I overstuff my Work, the bag gets very pouffy and when you carry it on your shoulder, your arm is left at an awkward angle since it can't really hang straight down, being hindered by your bag.

Plus, if the load is heavy, I get "whiskers" emanating from where the handles are attached on my bag due to the leather being stretched by the load.

If that's not an issue for you, I'd advise a RH Work because GH adds significantly to the weight and if you're going to be toting your bag the entire day, your shoulder is going to be sore.

Also given that you can only buy the bag online, there is no guarantee that leather on GH bags will be thicker than RH bags. I've got thick leather on RH bags and thin leather on GH bags. But on the whole, 2010 is a good year for the leather, so I'd suggest getting either 2010 Anthra or Black.

Hope I didn't rain on your parade. Good luck.

Agree!

ieweuyhs ~ Thanks for the info.... I did not know that not all GH comes with thick leather as I only have 2010 Bal-bags and all my 2010 GH comes with thick leather.

I agree with the other posters, I don't think a Bbag would make a good school bag with all the stuff you have to carry. It would get ruined very fast. I would recommend getting a coated canvas LV for a school bag if your looking for a designer school bag. It will be able to handle heavy duty use with out ruining it.

Contrary to some comments that Bal might not be a good school bag, I have to disagree. I used a VF SGH Work during my college days and it hold up pretty well, in fact, I found it soften so much and the leather is thicker than most people think it is. FYI I carried all my notes, laptop on alternate days, pencil case, wallet, occasional textbooks, makeup case, and other whatnots. The only issue I had was the weight since I used a GH work, it might have been better if it was a RH Work.

OP, as for your case, I'm more concerned about you buying a luxury bag at your young age. Like grietje said Bal will always be around, maybe you should spend this amount of money on something more meaningful (ie. graduation trip :tup:) and when you are older then invest in one.

And the thought that someone might nick off with it when I had to leave it for just a minute when going to the ladies... that would stress me as much as having to leave it in places that I wouldn't normally leave it - playing field, on grass under trees when having lunch etc. But that is just me.