Help me plan my wedding!! Part II: Bridesmaid dress

Hope you had some luck, Jinsun! I just found dresses for my bridesmaids at Off 5th. We were incredibly lucky and found 3 Calvin Klein gowns in slate blue for $128. My girls are all Asians with fair complexions as well. You never know...check out the department stores like Nordies and Macys, too!

Continued...

BTW, my maid of honor doesn't like it. Says it's too casual.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 25
I am wearing this dress next weekend. Love that it doesn't have a traditional "bridesmaid" look. Perfect dress on all 7 bridesmaids who range from 0 to 10. We are in black, but there are a large number of colors available. Designer is Saison Blanche and the price was very reasonable.

knsasos072056m.jpg

Congrats on your engagement! :smile: I'm nowhere near marriage or even engagement-ready, but I do love researching things for my future wedding, hehe. Have you decided on your color scheme yet? I think it'd be easier if you decide on what colors you want first, because it'll make it easier to narrow down your choice of bridesmaid dresses.

I've heard great things about J. Crew, and their dresses are quite affordable. Another option could be getting the dresses custom-made (it might not be as expensive as you think, especially if the cuts are simple and classic).

Also, there are so many great wedding resources online that I frequent, not sure if you know about these already-- but I love weddingbee.com (which happens to include a lot of Asian-American bloggers), and of course theknot.com :smile: Hope this helps, and good luck with everything!

Congrats Jinsun!

I would really recommend stores/boutiques with standard sizes like J. Crew or Ann Taylor. My friend got our bm dresses for us at Ann Taylor and it was really easy because we each tried on the dress at our local Ann Taylor and told her the size. Altering a dress is the most annoying part so it was cool not to have to deal with that!