Help me pick!

Nov 27, 2014
I'm debating between the black or dune Cluny BB in epi leather!

There would be no debate if Rose ballerine was available but sadly it is not.... So I'm stuck between black and dune. I'm selling my Celine trio in black Python to help fund this bag since I love exotics but the dear man does not since he has pet snakes...

My current rotation collection consists of:

Chanel mini - black lambskin
Chanel WOC in black caviar
LV alma Bb in DE
LV alma Bb in Rose nacre :heart:
Gucci Soho in red
Celine trio in black Python (selling this to find Cluny so it doesn't count?)

I've tried both on and love both for different reasons... The black is just so classy and maintenance free but I feel like some of the details get lost in the dark color... I don't own anything in dune and it also looks so gorgeous... However, I love denim and I don't want to baby a dune bag. I already feel like I need to baby my Rose nacre alma that's why I'm scared to wear her often.

I've seen my moms 20 year old black epi look AMAZING so I know epi is durable. I just don't know about the lighter colors...

Thoughts, opinions and advice TPFers?

Nov 27, 2014
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1447091008.196297.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1447091024.715266.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1447091050.001728.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1447091063.570145.jpg

In all honesty, I'm debating about selling my trio... I love it and think it's beyond gorgeous since it's an exotic but he abhors it and hates when I wear it so I'm stuck.

I know I'd be happy selling it for a Cluny since I can use it more often in Houston humidity and rain but I want the right Cluny before I let her go!

aussiemel

Jan 16, 2015
Hmmm that's a hard one. Considering what you already have my vote is for Dune. I agree with you, I think some of the details get lost in the darker colours and Dune is a gorgeous and neutral colour that you can wear with almost anything. You have two other bags in black that you can use when your'e wearing denim. I say go for Dune :smile:

Cat2015

Apr 17, 2015
Love both, but agree "some of the details get lost in the noir", (especially in an epi leather - just my opinion).

So I say Dune! Just remember - please do not baby her too much (or your lovely rose Alma BB) !!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
I vote for Dune! It's beautiful and I think this neutral will be very versatile. Also, you own black bags, so this is something different yet very wearable. Cluny is such a classic, chic bag! Good luck deciding.

Last edited:

DollbabyGirl

Feb 18, 2012
Can I chime in and say I don't think you should sell your python trio, it's a beautiful and practical bag - can you just wear it in situations where you're apart from your man? I agree that some of the beautiful details get lost on the black, so my vote is dune, on that I think python in black looks stunning and none of the details are lost (also the trio and the cluny serve such different purposes!) Sorry if that doesn't help....

Cat2015

Apr 17, 2015
Can I chime in and say I don't think you should sell your python trio, it's a beautiful and practical bag - can you just wear it in situations where you're apart from your man? I agree that some of the beautiful details get lost on the black, so my vote is dune, on that I think python in black looks stunning and none of the details are lost (also the trio and the cluny serve such different purposes!) Sorry if that doesn't help....

Gotta say great points! "python in black looks stunning and none of the details are lost (also the trio and the cluny serve such different purposes!)"

Keep the python trio :greengrin:. Save your pennies for Cluny in dune!

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
I vote for Dune! It's beautiful and I think this neutral will be very versatile. Also, you own black bags, so this is something different yet very wearable. Cluny is such a classic, chic bag! Good luck deciding.
+1, I have a light colored epi bag and I've had no issues with color transfer. Epi is so easy to just wipe off if dirt is on it and I wear dark jeans all the time.

MissAdhd

Sep 28, 2013
That's unfortunate! I literally just got a call that my local boutique received a Rose Ballerine Cluny :\ but I'm not from the states.

I think Dune is a great choice! Epi is such carefree leather you should go for the lighter one :smile: Shows off the epi leather better too!

OneMoreDay

Oct 1, 2014
Your python Trio is tdf! Agree that you should keep it. It adds something special to a rather simple bag.

I prefer Dune over the black since you have a number of black bags. Anthracite Nacre looks really cool too but you already have a Rose Nacre that you baby so Dune it is. :biggrin: