Help me pick which earrings to buy

skatergal90

Dec 31, 2019
Thanks purseforum ladies for your help! I'm looking for a pair of platinum/WG earrings to go with my SS Cartier BB watch and VCA Socrates diamond WG ring.

I've short listed the following
1. https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earrings/tiffany-co-schlumberger-lynn-earrings-62612096/
2. https://ap.louisvuitton.com/eng-sg/products/idylle-blossom-ear-stud-white-gold-and-diamond-005191
3. VCA sweet Alhambra studs in MOP WG

Out of the 3, which do you think is the most dressy/versatile (e.g. could help dress up an evening look)? Other ideas/tips within this price range are also welcome! (Up to $2.6k)

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
3. VCA sweet Alhambra studs in WG gets my vote

If I may can I suggest the Tiffany Circlet studs. They are $100 more but definitely can dress up an outfit. Tiffany says they are about 7mm wide.

Thanks both! Does that mean stud earrings are more dressy than dangle (the LV one)?

I like the VCA design but I thought it looked too simple to be dressy, and for Circlet it's definitely an option but I was afraid at 7mm it's even smaller (the Schlumberger is 13mm)

Thanks both! Does that mean stud earrings are more dressy than dangle (the LV one)?

I like the VCA design but I thought it looked too simple to be dressy, and for Circlet it's definitely an option but I was afraid at 7mm it's even smaller (the Schlumberger is 13mm)
Dangles can definitely be dressy. I think the LV ones just feel more informal. I definitely understand a size concern. The Lynn would have been my second choice. I do love the VCA but the sweets collection also feels less dressy to me. Maybe it’s just my perception but when I think dressy it either involves something with diamonds or a statement piece. So I thought of the Circlet for the diamond aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: skatergal90
Dangles can definitely be dressy. I think the LV ones just feel more informal. I definitely understand a size concern. The Lynn would have been my second choice. I do love the VCA but the sweets collection also feels less dressy to me. Maybe it’s just my perception but when I think dressy it either involves something with diamonds or a statement piece. So I thought of the Circlet for the diamond aspect.

Thanks so much for the great suggestion!! I do love the Circlet too yeah I've found it hard to find fine dangle earrings in platinum that are versatile enough for day and night. Btw since you're a Tiffany fan, do you think the DBTY platinum earrings could be work for like a casual brunch in the day? It's on my wishlist but I wouldn't want to get something only wearable for evenings

Thanks so much for the great suggestion!! I do love the Circlet too yeah I've found it hard to find fine dangle earrings in platinum that are versatile enough for day and night. Btw since you're a Tiffany fan, do you think the DBTY platinum earrings could be work for like a casual brunch in the day? It's on my wishlist but I wouldn't want to get something only wearable for evenings

I think they could. They have a 3 stone pair in your price range that might actually be a good compromise- https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earrings/elsa-peretti-diamonds-by-the-yard-drop-earrings-28554567/

Reactions: skatergal90