Help me pick which colors.

Which color combo is best??

• A (light purple).

• B (dark purple).

Results are only viewable after voting.

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
I'm looking at color possibilities for our wedding invitations and these are the two color combos I'm liking the most. The following picture shows a lighter purple (A) and a darker purple (B) as the background color. The center design is the opposite color of the background. Then the designs around each background are exactly the same but there to try to compare what those colors look like with each of the two backgrounds (confusing huh??)

**Most of the text will be white.

Anyways, if you could, please take a moment to vote which background color you like best. A (light purple) or B (dark purple). THANKS!!

invitationcolors.jpg

Last edited:
It depends. A is like bubblegum: initially it strikes you as really good but then nothing more comes of it, whereas B has the inverse affect and is like a song: at first you don't think much of it but the more you listen to it (or look at, in this case), the more you like it.

I would say go with B but I think that's because I looked at it for a while. But, yeah, I still say go with B.

Congratulation, by the way.:smile:

I picked light purple - just because when I immediately opened this post it was the easiest on my eyes. Both are beautiful!

While I personally prefer the darker purple for the actual color, (in purples darker is better, IMO) I think that the contrast on the lighter is more defined and allows for better clarity of the design as opposed to the darker.

I voted Lighter.

It depends. A is like bubblegum: initially it strikes you as really good but then nothing more comes of it, whereas B has the inverse affect and is like a song: at first you don't think much of it but the more you listen to it (or look at, in this case), the more you like it.

I would say go with B but I think that's because I looked at it for a while. But, yeah, I still say go with B.

Congratulation, by the way.:smile:

This summed it up for me perfectly! I did the same thing, at first I thought A, but the more I looked at them, the more I thought that B was actually a better choice, and like I already said the white text will show up better on a darker background.