Help me pick my next BE!

hildie

Dec 3, 2008
I need some help from the pros. :smile:

I am looking to order my next BE and am going between Taupe or grey.

I am so caught on the bag though. I have a TME Midi in Petrol and love it. I also have the large HM in black pebbled glossy and love that as well. I think I want to try the LM in the full size, but would love to hear what others think.

Also, I was going through the Couture process...does anyone know the difference between the gathered pocket vs the water bottle pocket?

Thanks ladies!

Hildie - Have you considered a Love Me Midi with two zips so it looks like the regular? I'm just asking because it seems like all of your other bags are more similar in size to the midi than the regular. The Love Me is pretty big, and can be a little heavier. Do you like really big bags? Is this a bag for daily use?

I have never owned the taupe, so I can't really compare. I know many ladies love the color. Personally, I adore the dark grey matte. It works perfectly with browns and blacks, or just about any color you can think of.

Hildie - Have you considered a Love Me Midi with two zips so it looks like the regular? I'm just asking because it seems like all of your other bags are more similar in size to the midi than the regular. The Love Me is pretty big, and can be a little heavier. Do you like really big bags? Is this a bag for daily use?

I have never owned the taupe, so I can't really compare. I know many ladies love the color. Personally, I adore the dark grey matte. It works perfectly with browns and blacks, or just about any color you can think of.

Well, this is exactly why I am caught. I have considered the midi but thought the large might provide more options. :smile: When I pack the TME midi for me and the kids, I don't have space left over. So I thought it might allow for some extra space but not too much. I do want to use it for a daily bag so I don't want it to be too big. :nuts:

I don't have a Love Me, so I can't comment on size, but I think the Dark Grey Matte looks divine and as Suzi says, is so versatile, which is important in a bag that you want to wear daily (unless all your clothes are one colour :biggrin:)

Hm....Dark grey or taupe? That's a tough question. I really do like both.

Right now I just have taupe in my collection but remember thinking the dark grey was SO pretty as well.

I never wear my LM for an everyday bag since I think it's too large and not comfy enough on my shoulder. But, I do enjoy wearing it occasionally when we travel. It can pack a lot and is a unique bag to bring along.

If I were choosing between a midi and LM I'd buy the large. And as for the color I'm leaning toward taupe but that's probably because I own that one and really enjoy!

I would go for taupe, but dark grey is also such a pretty color

maybe we have somebody here who has dark grey and taupe and could post a pic of both colors to compare ? Would be great

Hm....Dark grey or taupe? That's a tough question. I really do like both.

Right now I just have taupe in my collection but remember thinking the dark grey was SO pretty as well.

I never wear my LM for an everyday bag since I think it's too large and not comfy enough on my shoulder. But, I do enjoy wearing it occasionally when we travel. It can pack a lot and is a unique bag to bring along.

If I were choosing between a midi and LM I'd buy the large. And as for the color I'm leaning toward taupe but that's probably because I own that one and really enjoy!

Thanks so much for your input. I am 99% sure I will go with Taupe. Now I just need to decide on the size. The dimensions on the LM are W 15 inch, H 12 inch and the TME Midi, which does not allow me any extra wiggle room is H 10.5” X W 13.5”. Hmmm.... holy indecision...now I am off to see if another bag would work better. :confused1:

Thanks so much for your input. I am 99% sure I will go with Taupe. Now I just need to decide on the size. The dimensions on the LM are W 15 inch, H 12 inch and the TME Midi, which does not allow me any extra wiggle room is H 10.5” X W 13.5”. Hmmm.... holy indecision...now I am off to see if another bag would work better. :confused1:

My pleasure! I'm glad I helped.

Here's what I think more:

My LM is too cumbersome/large for an everyday bag. Nice for travel.

LM midi (I don't own any) I found too small for my needs. I always wished it was larger.

SO: I think you should consider a taupe wtm or midi. For some reason I find this style works much better for me.:smile:

P.S. I"m not sure at all on the dimensions for the wtm midi in comparison to the LM midi. I just know that I like it much more!

My pleasure! I'm glad I helped.

Here's what I think more:

My LM is too cumbersome/large for an everyday bag. Nice for travel.

LM midi (I don't own any) I found too small for my needs. I always wished it was larger.

SO: I think you should consider a taupe wtm or midi. For some reason I find this style works much better for me.:smile:

P.S. I"m not sure at all on the dimensions for the wtm midi in comparison to the LM midi. I just know that I like it much more!

I thought about that...the WTM does not work for me for some reason.

So after combing through even more pics and thanks to the awesome TPFers that put comparison shots up, I think the LM full size is the one. I do want room to flex and when I saw it compared to the TME midi, I think it will work. (Pray that it works to be more accurate...).

I just finally placed my Couture order for one in Taupe Matte with purple lining. :yahoo:Yahoo!

I thought about that...the WTM does not work for me for some reason.

So after combing through even more pics and thanks to the awesome TPFers that put comparison shots up, I think the LM full size is the one. I do want room to flex and when I saw it compared to the TME midi, I think it will work. (Pray that it works to be more accurate...).

I just finally placed my Couture order for one in Taupe Matte with purple lining. :yahoo:Yahoo!

I'm SO excited for you!

Just wait till you see the purple lining! It's my absolute favorite one and I thought I loved the fuschia. And boy does it look incredible with the pewter and/or taupe combination.

I'm sure you'll love your taupe LM. I totally agree with you in going larger that way you have more options!

I have the LM and LM mini, and I had the TME midi. The reason for not keeping the midi size is that I found it sort of an in-between-size bag for me.
The mini is good , when I just need to carry the essentials, and the bag is not that small.. it can hold a bit! The LM regular I use if I should e.g. carry a sweater with me also or doggie stuff, when I bring one of them along with me.
Since you find the midi a tad too small, when you must carry a bit more, the LM could be just the proper size.
I don't find it at all too big in any way, and also not too heavy in either the Taupe or Dark grey. Both are beautiful colours, and I find the Taupe a little more neutral than the Dark grey, because I can use it with Grey clothes ;)

My edit:I had started to write a response, when I became interupted..now I noticed you already had made your mind up!! Great choise ..lol..

I have the LM and LM mini, and I had the TME midi. The reason for not keeping the midi size is that I found it sort of an in-between-size bag for me.
The mini is good , when I just need to carry the essentials, and the bag is not that small.. it can hold a bit! The LM regular I use if I should e.g. carry a sweater with me also or doggie stuff, when I bring one of them along with me.
Since you find the midi a tad too small, when you must carry a bit more, the LM could be just the proper size.
I don't find it at all too big in any way, and also not too heavy in either the Taupe or Dark grey. Both are beautiful colours, and I find the Taupe a little more neutral than the Dark grey, because I can use it with Grey clothes ;)

My edit:I had started to write a response, when I became interupted..now I noticed you already had made your mind up!! Great choise ..lol..

Thanks! This is just what I was hoping for so I hope it works out. :smile: