Help Me Pick My Next Bag!

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Ok. Heres the deal.

I am starting school again next month and am planning on buying a Mulberry Bayswater at some point, but I will use my December birthday and Christmas checks (from like 14 family members!) to buy it.

For now I am done buying whatever happens to be cute and on sale at the moment - this is how I ended up with my Maxx NY, Foley & Corinna, and Morgan Oakley's. I LOVE those bags, but now I want to save for a real serious purchase. I would love advice and suggestions, because I am pretty open. I will be putting my $300 "Stimulus Refund" in an ING account specifically for this purchase!

Here are my requirements!

- Be able to be carried over the shoulder (a MUST).
- Versatile color or a rich brown that will go with black clothes.
- Large! Armpit must NOT look like it is eating my bag as a snack.
- No patent (interestingly enough, LV Vernis would be an ok suggestion).
- Did I say large? I have a LOT of stuff!!!
- Classic, not trendy. Not interested in the "bag of the moment"!
- No white or suede! I am awful at taking care of bags in regards to scratching and/or cleanliness!

I know I have posted several threads before looking for help on a bag, but my limit was always $200. Now I am looking for a major purchase that I can be over the moon about, I just need help deciding. I am open to ANYTHING that I can save for - LV, Hermes, ANYTHING. My style is classic, not trendy, and I am really looking to add something to my collection that will be my prize and stand the test of time. I have been led in the right direction by TPF in every purchase so far, I know I will find the right bag for me!

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help! Please don't take offense if I comment negatively about a suggestion, being honest will help other posters form an idea of what I like and help them make helpful suggestions!

Do you like the Vernis Bellevue tote?
LV_11840662_violette_H_pu

LV_11840662_amarante_H_pu

I do like that bottom one - the color is GORGEOUS. Do you happen to have the dimensions?

I came here HATING LV because I abhorr logos and monogram bags, but the vernis bags are just so so so pretty. Plus, as a nanny having something that could (to an extent ) be wiped down in the event of a mess is great. I would probably not ever carry it to work except to show my boss who also loves bags but with my luck that would be the day of the upside down bagel!

What do we think about a Stam? Would I end up disappointed in the end with it being my "Big Purchase" and all? Id love to have one in plum, but not sure if all the saving would be worth it.

What do we think about a Stam? Would I end up disappointed in the end with it being my "Big Purchase" and all? Id love to have one in plum, but not sure if all the saving would be worth it.

The Stam is beautiful but the handles cannot be comfortably worn on the shoulder. Wearing the chain strap is not very practical either since it will dig into your skin. Therefore, you might want to consider something else.

Hi SGC!
I am surprised to not see you at all during this current LP sale craze! LOL!
I don't know if you have seen it, but the ANGIE SHOULDER BAG on the LP website under 'Close-out' is a really nice big size 17.5 w x 12.5 h x 5.5 d, and it has a long shoulder strap.
Comes in: Crimson, Aubergine, and Mahogany
On sale for $250, then add the 10% coupon code discount and free ship would be $225 shipped!
It's a beauty! (I am trying to refrain from buying the Crimson one myself!)
:tup:

Hi SGC!
I am surprised to not see you at all during this current LP sale craze! LOL!
I don't know if you have seen it, but the ANGIE SHOULDER BAG on the LP website under 'Close-out' is a really nice big size 17.5 w x 12.5 h x 5.5 d, and it has a long shoulder strap.
Comes in: Crimson, Aubergine, and Mahogany
On sale for $250, then add the 10% coupon code discount and free ship would be $225 shipped!
It's a beauty! (I am trying to refrain from buying the Crimson one myself!)

Hi T!

You are evil! LP sales (any sale for that matter) are going to make saving for this big ticket item even harder! Im not a fan of the Angie myself, but I did of course see some things I do like...

Attachments

• NMV00HA_mn.jpg
    NMV00HA_mn.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 34
  • NMV01XZ_cn.jpg
    NMV01XZ_cn.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 30
Hi T!

You are evil! LP sales (any sale for that matter) are going to make saving for this big ticket item even harder! Im not a fan of the Angie myself, but I did of course see some things I do like...

:lol:
I know, the sale is crazy!
Sorry for this suggestion: at first, I didn't read the whole original post; I read your bag requirements and thought this Angie would be perfect: it is big, it is a shoulder bag, it has indestructable leather...
I read the whole post after and I saw that you were looking for a big-ticket bag.

I agree about the Stam; it's a real beauty, no doubt, but it is very heavy, and also, if you want to use the shoulder strap, it is a chain strap and because the bag itself is so heavy, then add all your stuff, that chain digs into your shoulder like you wouldn't believe! It is a great hand-held or arm bag if you use the double handles. It would also give you a great daily workout if you carried it around all day! No need to got to the gym!!! LOL!!

What about the Balenciaga City?
It is a timeless, classic beautiful bag, but still edgy.
You can use it as hand-held or use the long detable comfortable shoulder strap. It also comes in a ton of colors:
3209_6642.jpg

^^That is tempting.

Making this thread was the worst thing I could possibly do to myself...today for the first time I ventured over to the Hermes sub-forum and the running commentary in my head was basically "Well, if you're REALLY going to go big...".