Help me pick my last LV purchase - the ban starts tonight!

Which should I get

• Rainboots

• cosmetic pouch

• toiletry pouch

• other - please post (something under $500)

Results are only viewable after voting.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
So I banned myself from bags in 2013 after closing out the year on a high note with the Sofia Coppola in Jasper. Somehow, I managed to still do some damage in LV in a matter of 2 weeks. I got the Lucky Ballet Flats, Carousel charm and the MC zippy coin purse.

so I am going to use the last of my secret Christmas money (what DH doesn't know won't hurt him, he knows my dad still spoils me after 38 years)

So it will be just a little purchase before the price increase.

Here are my choices - LV rainboots - all these reveals are adorable and I have lost a lot of weight so I love wearing skinny jeans now. And it is pouring today.

Cosmetic pouch - love LV but fear that I will just bang it up.

Toiletry pouch - like that an ipad can fit!

nessie805

Sep 12, 2011
Ventura County
All sound like great choices maybe rainboots?

I have a Azur cosmetics and its preloved. And with my use cause indont baby my things. They seem pretty durable if it got dirtyinside you can always wipe aswell :smile: i find it handy.

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
Cosmetic...well worth the investment. Try the gm if you want to splurge and I could double as a clutch

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
All sound like great choices maybe rainboots?

I have a Azur cosmetics and its preloved. And with my use cause indont baby my things. They seem pretty durable if it got dirtyinside you can always wipe aswell :smile: i find it handy.
Have you had any issues with color transfer with the azur cosmetic?

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
Question everyone!! Whats better, Cosmetic GM in Azur or Ebene, or cosmetic in Pomme?

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World citizen
If it rains a lot where you live, I would go with the boots. You can wear them for several years. Do you have a LV wallet? I purchased my LV (Elise and Sarah) wallets several years ago, and they are still within my favorite items from LV.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Chanbal said:
If it rains a lot where you live, I would go with the boots. You can wear them for several years. Do you have a LV wallet? I purchased my LV (Elise and Sarah) wallets several years ago, and they are still within my favorite items from LV.
In charlotte we can have a damp spring and hurricane season can impact our fall - its supposed to rain for three days here. i have a mono Sarah for nearly three years and got a multicolore ZCP last night. So I'm good with wallets for the moment but it would otherwise be a wise investment.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
drspock7 said:
Cosmetic...well worth the investment. Try the gm if you want to splurge and I could double as a clutch
I like the idea of a clutch because I'm obsessed with clutches. I believe mscurvy used her attachable wrist band to a wallet - I thought I could do the same with a cosmetic pouch but I also wonder if I am not nearly as much of a clutch girl as I pretend to be. I'm taking the strap with me to try it out today. I have the MC Kate (hence the strap), favorite mm and a WOC and black caviar timeless kiss lock clutch (my HG clutch) that being said - those new patent clutches in the new vernis colors with initials are TDF. I actually debated returning the zippy coin purse from yesterday and getting it in rose velour!

StarStarMoon

Feb 8, 2012
Congrats on your SC in Jasper!!
Toiletry Pouch sounds like a wonderful treat. I love how beautifully they "age" too. It seems a bit sturdier and more versatile (love that it can fit an iPad!) than the cosmetic pouch. Jmho :smile:

Mar 14, 2012
I would get a cosmetic pouch. You will get a lot of use out of it. Unlike rainboots, you can use it every day, it does not go out of style and holds it's value better.

We will see how long your ban will last. It seems like LV store is your second home :smile:

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I would get a cosmetic pouch. You will get a lot of use out of it. Unlike rainboots, you can use it every day, it does not go out of style and holds it's value better.

We will see how long your ban will last. It seems like LV store is your second home :smile:
So true - I really need a hobby.

I went with the rain boots but I know I will get the other items. Dh likes to check out the LVs when travel now that he caught the fever. I learned the hard way that buying a big item (because I need the box) results in difficult travel and sometimes having to buy suitcase. The cosmetic bag and toiletry pouch will be easy purchases when we go away and small enough monetarily that I won;t feel bad for cheating me SA.