Help me pick my first bag!

What would you pick?

• Total voters

Bonjourcoley

May 24, 2020
Hi guys, first time poster here :smile: I have been a long time follower of the blog and have been saving up for my first big luxury purse purchase for a year now. I am super torn between two different purses:

Céline Micro Belt Bag in Light Khaki
I really love the colour of this bag, and the fact that shape is more unique than most of the bags on the market. I am personally more of a colour person in general as I wear a lot of neutrals and I like to use my bags as my statement piece. My main worry is the fact that it’s a less classic piece and if it will stand the test of time.

YSL Sac de Jour Small
I really love the shape of this bag and think it’s such a classic piece that will stand the test of time, the only thing is it really only seems to come in black or grey. Is it just me or has YSL stopped making these bags in more bold and fun colours? If I could get it in a green or something else besides black I would be sold. But maybe black is a good choice as it goes with everything? I’m so torn!

I eventually want to have both, I just can’t decide which to get first.

Reactions: IntheOcean
I have both (SDJ in the baby size) and think both are great staples in a bag collection. It seems like you really love the belt bag in this gorgeous color so I recommend that first. You can continue looking for an SDJ in a color you really love.

Reactions: Bonjourcoley
While out of the two I'd prefer the SDJ, you seem so much more excited about the Belt bag - and I think that's the one you should go for! It absolutely is a classic. Also, kudos for going for a green bag. It seems like such an underestimated color, for some reason.

I should mention that Saint Laurent most certainly do (or did?) have SDJ in green and other fun colors. This Dark Green SDJ is unavailable online right now, so maybe it's already discontinued, I'm not sure. But they do exist.

Reactions: Bonjourcoley
While out of the two I'd prefer the SDJ, you seem so much more excited about the Belt bag - and I think that's the one you should go for! It absolutely is a classic. Also, kudos for going for a green bag. It seems like such an underestimated color, for some reason.

I should mention that Saint Laurent most certainly do (or did?) have SDJ in green and other fun colors. This Dark Green SDJ is unavailable online right now, so maybe it's already discontinued, I'm not sure. But they do exist.

omg see I love that colour! I am a big fan of green (it’s my fave colour) and just coloured bags in general. I think I’m going to go for the belt bag and hold out until I see a SDJ in a colour I love! Thank you!

I’m sorry to bombard, only this listing is ending soon and I was uncertain as to where else to look for assistance.

could any of you confirm whether this is an authentic ysl baby sac de jour?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184302038721

thank you
There's no one authenticating Saint Laurent here at the moment. Please google paid authentication services. I heard good reviews about Authenticate4U, but I'm not 100% sure if they do this brand.