Which Bag Do I Buy

• Coach Cassie

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Demellier Vancouver Camel

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Bstar

Aug 4, 2020
I’m trying to decide between a Coach Cassie (probably taupe - a neutral colour anyway) and a Demellier Vancouver in camel... both appear to fit about the same and the size I need!! Unfortunately none of my local stores stock them so I’m going to have to buy it online so I’d love reviews/opinions on both to help me decide!

I would love to know if the quality is the same (if anyone has both)
How stiff the leather is - if it ‘gives’ a bit over time
How ‘hardwearing’ the leather is (I certainly don’t ‘baby’ my bags and have you young children so will be hanging on a pram/subject to sticky fingers)
How the hardware has held up over time - scratches wise etc

CASSIE PROS
2 ‘areas’ inside to divide things (although this could also be a negative if my things are too big to fit on one side)
Lot of great positive reviews
The hardware is minimal (and silver on the taupe)
Pebbles leather may be less prone to damage/better for wear and usage

CASSIE CONS
They seem to be EVERYWHERE
Colour too light/easily dirtied???

VANCOUVER PROS
love the look of the bag
Very few appear to be around (almost none to buy second hand)
Unique design
Internally is a large area with a small pocket inside for my things
Gorgeous Versatile colour for all year

VANCOUVER CONS
The hardware looks like it would easily scratch
Is it good quality/long lasting?
Will the ‘smooth’ leather damage easily

ANY HELP would be great!!!

8E4F640B-5C37-43C7-84CC-BCF61A1ECE52.jpeg

F9027315-138E-474C-8D23-C81FCA838F03.jpeg

Apologies I don't have personal experience with either to answer your questions but based on these photos I think the Vancouver is much more elegantly striking than the Cassie and I prefer its rich saturated hue. The Cassie looks very casual and commonplace.

I’m trying to decide between a Coach Cassie (probably taupe - a neutral colour anyway) and a Demellier Vancouver in camel... both appear to fit about the same and the size I need!! Unfortunately none of my local stores stock them so I’m going to have to buy it online so I’d love reviews/opinions on both to help me decide!

I would love to know if the quality is the same (if anyone has both)
How stiff the leather is - if it ‘gives’ a bit over time
How ‘hardwearing’ the leather is (I certainly don’t ‘baby’ my bags and have you young children so will be hanging on a pram/subject to sticky fingers)
How the hardware has held up over time - scratches wise etc

CASSIE PROS
2 ‘areas’ inside to divide things (although this could also be a negative if my things are too big to fit on one side)
Lot of great positive reviews
The hardware is minimal (and silver on the taupe)
Pebbles leather may be less prone to damage/better for wear and usage

CASSIE CONS
They seem to be EVERYWHERE
Colour too light/easily dirtied???

VANCOUVER PROS
love the look of the bag
Very few appear to be around (almost none to buy second hand)
Unique design
Internally is a large area with a small pocket inside for my things
Gorgeous Versatile colour for all year

VANCOUVER CONS
The hardware looks like it would easily scratch
Is it good quality/long lasting?
Will the ‘smooth’ leather damage easily

ANY HELP would be great!!!

View attachment 4819943

View attachment 4819944

I also would like to know the answer to this question. :smile: I did order the Coach Cassie and it is a beautiful bag! However, it was extremely heavy when I packed all my necessities into it so I returned it. I may look into the Vancouver bag because I love the style!

I have a Coach Cassie and I love it! It is very durable, and love that the strap is adjustable - I’m 5’10” though and haven’t had to adjust it from Coach’s “standard” setting. I use it for most of my errands, it’s the perfect hands free bag. I also LOVE the slip pocket in the bag. Can take my phone (IPhone XS Max) in and out with no problem at all.

for what it’s worth, where I live in MA, I have not seen another Cassie where I am. I’m also not actively looking for them.

Another vote for Cassie! The pebbled leather is durable and scratch resistant, and I've heard it's easy to get color transfer off of it as long as the leather is well taken care of beforehand and the transfer is cleaned off immediately. I think Cassie is a great all purpose bag and I haven't seen many of them around.

Reactions: TangerineKandy
The demellier looks more polished than the coach Cassie. I would lean towards the Cassie over the demellier for a few reasons. I generally prefer pebbled leather vs smooth leather as I feel it wears better. Smooth leather tends to show scratches which is something that would bother me, I don’t baby my bags but I don’t trash them either. The shoulder strap on the Cassie is a easy to adjust buckle strap. The shoulder strap on the Vancouver is the big round balls punched though slits, I feel like that is a pain to adjust when needed. I also wonder how well it will hold up over time especially if you tend to fill the bag up and it’s heavy, I’d imagine that could cause a tear in the slits. The inside of both bags I feel like the Vancouver is better because it seems more spacious I feel like the two dividing pockets in the coach Cassie make it less spacious. I don’t really carry a lot of stuff so the organization benefit is lost on me. But for example if you carry a full size wallet that would nearly take up one whole section. The hardware on the Vancouver is much more pronounced and may show wear easier than the Cassie because the Cassie‘s hardware is more minimal. Would that bother you? Cost wise they’re pretty close, however coach runs sales and seasonal colors go on sale as well, so if you’re willing to stalk you can grab one at a great price. For me the biggest negative for the demellier is no one sells them where I live so I can’t check it out IRL and try it on see if my stuff would fit. I find it hard to buy something I can’t physically see IRL. But you also said that you can’t see the Cassie IRL. If you can’t check out either of them IRL I feel like that’s a hindrance. Maybe buy both and once you have them in hand you can decide which one you like better then return the one you don’t want ASAP.

Reactions: ce_1992
Have to return to the subject; the bags look like they are made for completely different styles. Cassie is a bit more relaxed (even boho) compared to the Vancouver. How do you dress or what kind of image do you want to show? For example, I would feel very awkward carrying the Vancouver. It feels too sharp and edgy (and as previously said, polished) and it def would not work with my NASA hoodie and slip-in shoes which is my everyday uniform these days.
Then again, if your style IS sharp and dressy, Vancouver probably is something you'll feel comfortable with. If you baby your bags the type of leather leather will probably not be a problem either. I would have trouble dressing the Vancouver down to fit my style and I'd be terrified of using it because I'd be terrified of getting marks on the leather.
Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks!

Reactions: indiaink
I purchased the Demelier Vancouver bag recently to check it out!

I prefer the Demelier Vancouver bag over the Coach Cassie, personally. I think it looks more stylish and polish. The quality of the leather is also really good for the price - I was impressed.

The one call out is that the Coach Cassie seems to hold more and that the closure is easier to use compared to the Vancouver bag. Though when I loaded the Coach Cassie with all my basics, it was extremely heavy.

Hope this helps!

• Insightful
Reactions: LilOshawott
I purchased the Demelier Vancouver bag recently to check it out!

I prefer the Demelier Vancouver bag over the Coach Cassie, personally. I think it looks more stylish and polish. The quality of the leather is also really good for the price - I was impressed.

The one call out is that the Coach Cassie seems to hold more and that the closure is easier to use compared to the Vancouver bag. Though when I loaded the Coach Cassie with all my basics, it was extremely heavy.

Hope this helps!
I have the coach Cassie and love it but am really curious about the DeMellier Vancouver. Can you tell me how the closure functions? It’s difficult to tell from the pictures and I can’t find any reviews that describe this feature. Thanks so much!

I have the coach Cassie and love it but am really curious about the DeMellier Vancouver. Can you tell me how the closure functions? It’s difficult to tell from the pictures and I can’t find any reviews that describe this feature. Thanks so much!

For the clasp, you have to put the buckle from the flap of the bag into a hole on the rest of the bag. Its similar to fitting a stick into a hole. So I personally think it’s a bit finicky, though pretty secure and easy to open.