help me pick between two rolex!

mewt

O.G.
Apr 18, 2011
lady datejust 26mm everose gold:
http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watc...lady-datejust-26mm-everose-gold-m179175f-0034
(with pink instead of brown face, no diamonds)

day-date 36mm everose gold:
http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watches/day-date/day-date-36mm-everose-gold-m118205f-0060
(exactly like the picture)

helpp! my wrist is 5.5", so I'm not sure if I want an overpowering watch. I went to see them in store yesterday and still am not sure. they are both over 20k, the day-date is more expensive since it's bigger + has the day function but the price difference is negligible. so, price aside, which should I pick?

I've also always wanted a day-date, since that's what my dad has and seems to be the more classic, but there's no smaller day-dates and I'm not sure about the size on me. plus it's heavy (though I'm sure I'll get used to the weight :graucho:)!

which would you pick?

I am not a small watch person at all so I would choose the 36mm. My wrist is around 5.9" and I just got a 36mm Datejust. Good luck!

Have you thought about the 31mm DateJust? It's beefier than the 26 but more scaled to a small wrist than the 36mm. I think it may be a great solution! Plenty of dials/metals combinations, too.

I am a big watch person too and would not consider the 26mm even if it were half the price.

There is a big difference in the size of the two watches, so I agree with jellyv that maybe you should look at the 31mm.

i prefer either the ladies 26 or 36, both with a rose face and diamond markers. i don't know what else you might have in your collection. if i didn't have any watches, i would choose the 26. if i had a couple of ladies watches in my collection, i would choose the 36.

this would be my first rolex! I'm actually leaning more towards the 31mm steel & everose gold. I have to see it again in person, but I think I'm going with that! thanks for reminding me about the 31mm, I totally forgot. I really love the flowers on the face.

I don't like the 26 mm. I have 5.5 wrist too...and I think 31 mm looks very nice :smile: It's not too small like the 26 mm and it's not too big like the 36 mm. I find the 36 mm to be heavy and it bumps into things. I think 31 mm is perfect!

I'd go with the Day-Date! I just got mine and I can't stop wearing it! Here's mine:

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

I have small wrists also...just under 14.5cm and I think the watch is perfect...doesn't look too big at all to me. If you're not sold on that big of a face, I'd go with 31. 26 is way too small, IMO!