Help me pick between Selma and Mercer Gallery!

Selma or Mercer Gallery?

• Selma

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mercer Gallery

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Legallyblonde37

Dec 6, 2015
I am on the hunt for a red bag! I really like the MK Bright Red color, but can't decide between the Selma and the Mercer Gallery. I haven't really seen anything on here about the Mercer Gallery....anyone have thoughts? Probably would get the medium size.

I bought the Bright Red Medium Selma from Bloomingdales on sale for $178...and have been watching the Mercer Gallery but it hasn't gone on sale yet. Not sure if I want to wait it out, does anyone have an idea if/when these bags might go on sale? I hate paying full price....

I also recently purchased a Mercer Large Tote in Oyster on sale. I guess the Selma would add more variety, but I am leaning towards the pebbled leather over the Saffiano because I already have a few MK Saffiano bags [Large Sutton in Navy and Jet Set Large Zip-Top in Pink Grapefruit]

So, what do you think?! Selma or Mercer Gallery? (color looks a bit off in the Selma pic)
04379478_zi_bright_red.jpg

9087408_fpx.tif

I think it is really up to you. However, I have both bags and love them both for different reasons. Mine are just in different colors than what you are looking for. The Mercer gallery tote is the medium size in ultra pink and the Selma is in ballet with studs. I didn't know before I got it that the corners, bottom, and inside of the Mercer gallery tote are smooth leather. I think I would have liked to know that beforehand since I worry about smooth leather scratching easily. I haven't had any issues with it so far, but I have only had the Mercer gallery tote for a week and a half. Good luck on your decision:smile:20180410_161621.jpg20170918_174738.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: all7s
I think it is really up to you. However, I have both bags and love them both for different reasons. Mine are just in different colors than what you are looking for. The Mercer gallery tote is the medium size in ultra pink and the Selma is in ballet with studs. I didn't know before I got it that the corners, bottom, and inside of the Mercer gallery tote are smooth leather. I think I would have liked to know that beforehand since I worry about smooth leather scratching easily. I haven't had any issues with it so far, but I have only had the Mercer gallery tote for a week and a half. Good luck on your decision:smile:View attachment 4039721View attachment 4039723

Your Selma bag is beautiful! I looked at their website but they sadly don’t sell it anymore !

Reactions: Glttglam
I think it is really up to you. However, I have both bags and love them both for different reasons. Mine are just in different colors than what you are looking for. The Mercer gallery tote is the medium size in ultra pink and the Selma is in ballet with studs. I didn't know before I got it that the corners, bottom, and inside of the Mercer gallery tote are smooth leather. I think I would have liked to know that beforehand since I worry about smooth leather scratching easily. I haven't had any issues with it so far, but I have only had the Mercer gallery tote for a week and a half. Good luck on your decision:smile:View attachment 4039721View attachment 4039723

May I ask if you can wear the Mercer on your shoulder with the top handles, not the crossbody strap? It looks plenty long enough but I can't find any photos of anyone wearing it this way!

May I ask if you can wear the Mercer on your shoulder with the top handles, not the crossbody strap? It looks plenty long enough but I can't find any photos of anyone wearing it this way!
Sorry but I don’t like doing mod shots. However, I have never worn it this way. I just saw someone wearing it this way the other day but it didn’t look right to me.

I LOVE the Mercer Gallery tote!!!❤️ I was actually torn between the Gallery and Center but the Center was too large and heavy for me before putting any of my stuff in it. I carry this bag at least once a week and get so many compliments on it. I’ve paired it with the matching Fulton flats but have also worn it with black pumps or nude flats

Attachments

• 40B5400B-6AEF-4FEE-A6FC-DC7D04291330.jpeg
    40B5400B-6AEF-4FEE-A6FC-DC7D04291330.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: Glttglam